Multimedia Designer/Video Specialist
Design Science, Philadelphia, PA
Work at Design Science
Design Science is a human factors consultancy, founded in 1991. Our mission is to amplify the needs of patients, their caregivers, and healthcare professionals in order to cultivate the advancement of healthcare technology. We do this in partnership with some of the world’s leading medical device and pharmaceutical companies, harnessing the skills of members of our organization in human factors research, design, and video to collect important insights about how users interact with medical products. Research results in outcomes like easier and faster therapies, and ultimately, a better quality of life for patients.
Design Science is headquartered in the heart of Philadelphia, PA, with offices in Evanston, IL and Munich, Germany. We have over 30 employees working across our three locations. Our team is made up of diverse, talented, caring individuals who value socially impactful work in a collaborative culture. We offer the opportunity to grow as a professional, experiencing a wide variety of projects and clients in a growing organization.
The Multimedia Designer will record and produce content for digital design deliverables, including instructional and promotional videos. The Multimedia Designer develops engaging and visually appealing content that aligns with best practices in video production and graphic design. They capture audio/video data and conduct research in real and simulated-use environments (e.g., hospitals, clinics, homes). They are also responsible for visual data interpretation, translation, organization, design iteration, and/or prototyping (in conjunction with research staff, with support of the Design Director).
BS/BA in video production, broadcasting, industrial design; communications design, or related field required; MA or other graduate degree beneficial
3-5 years relevant work experience in video production
Excellent technical design skills (e.g., typography, color theory, layout), attention to detail, and ability to produce visually appealing content
Extreme proficiency in Adobe applications (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop), Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), 3D modelling (Autodesk Fusion, Cinema 4D, or similar)
Working knowledge of technical video equipment and industry standards
Ability to travel 40% of the time as needed
Willingness to undergo regular background checks, vaccinations and drug/health screenings as needed for hospital credentialing
Additional Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with audio/sound engineering, lighting, and other digital production skills
- Experience creating information graphics or instructional materials and GUIs for medical/commercial products
- Experience understanding and navigating sterile environments
- Experience and/or interest in social media and blogging
- Evidence of the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Evidence of collaboration with colleagues in other disciplines such as software development, mechanical and electrical engineering, human factors, cognitive psychology, and marketing
- Working general knowledge of human factors and ethnography
Here’s what we’re offering:
- Full-time position (40+ hrs/week)
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Lots of benefits: Health, dental, vision, life, disability, 401k, bonus-eligibility, 20 days PTO to start, paid maternity/paternity leave, flex work hours, all you can drink coffee, the best co-workers, and more!
Resume / cover letter required.
Create the extraordinary.
Creative Jobs For You
Senior Social Media Designer/Associate Director of Design, Adv...
Center for American Progress, Washington, DC USA