Associate Editor/Content Manager at WeAreTeachers
WeAreTeachers, Work from Home, US only
Work at WeAreTeachers
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
The WeAreTeachers team is seeking a talented associate editor/content manager to join our team as a full-time contractor with the possibility of converting to a staff position.
The associate editor will be responsible for concepting, writing, assigning, and editing engaging and fun articles, student printables, teaching resources, and classroom activities in a range of content areas for WeAreTeachers.com, our content partners and sponsors. This position will be 80% sponsored content, 20% editorial.
Quick pace and heavy deadlines—but great rewards too like working from your home office, collaborating with an inspiring team across three time zones and above all, knowing that you are making a difference for educators and kids.
The ideal candidate loves to create fun activities and learning tools for the classroom. They are a creative problem solver and strategic thinker— self-motivated, well-organized, and proactive, with exceptional communication skills. This position allows for a lot of creative freedom and will enable you to wear many hats.
- Strong mix of strategy, editorial, writing, marketing and SEO skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Experience with Wordpress, Google Analytics, social and email programs and working within a project management system.
- Classroom and/or curriculum writing experience preferred.
- Should understand how to use search engine tools in order to discover high-interest topics readers will love.
- An ability to communicate brand voice and mission
Interested? Send us your resume and cover letter with ALL of the following:
- Links to online portfolio/work samples
- Your connection to K-12 education
- Why you think this position would be the perfect fit for you
WeAreTeachers is an online media brand for educators committed to one of the toughest, most rewarding jobs out there. Our mission is to inspire teachers and help them succeed. weareteachers.com