Marketing Manager (Emergency Medicine)
Weill Cornell Medicine, New York, NY USA
Work at Weill Cornell Medicine
Salary: competitive salary with benefits
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Partners with clinical department Chair and leadership team to gain a clear understanding of business initiatives and effectively translate them into strategic marketing communication plans to promote and support the growth of the department.
- Develops and implements a marketing plan that recommends an effective mix of tactics to achieve Department and institutional objectives.
- Builds relationships and leverages External Affairs best practices and competencies to achieve Department objectives.
- Collaborates with internal departments and affiliates to expand marketing and communication efforts.
- Prepares letters of recommendations, high-level PowerPoint presentations and reports for Department’s chairman.
- Works with outside vendors and agencies to coordinate videos and other projects; manages all aspects of video production and coordination with faculty.
- Updates the Department’s website with consistent content; provides support for project-specific website content; researches and writes content, including feature stories, news announcements event publicity, infographics, blogs and newsletters.
- Publicizes Department’s content via the unit social media accounts; develops content calendar to create a consistent cadence of posts; creates or designs visuals that adhere to WCM’s Brand Guidelines.
- Adheres to WCM’s style guide, ensuring production of high-quality and error-free copy.
- Supports and evaluates results of marketing and communication tactics utilizing best practices from External Affairs.
- Prepares minutes for faculty meetings.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Bachelors degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field required.
- 5+ years equivalent experience in marketing communications tactics, especially editing and writing for publications and websites.
- Content writing experience for all media platforms which include Drupal (or similar) Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google+ and interest in emerging media.
- Extensive experience producing visually compelling slide decks.
- Basic web design knowledge preferred.
- Ability to interact directly with C-suite level executives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to recommend and execute appropriate mix of marketing and communication tactics to reach desired audience and achieve objectives.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Politically astute and respectful. Ability to interact with all levels within the organization.
- Problem-solver whom others seek for advice and expedient resolution and who can creatively problem-solve understanding the need to balance multiple objectives for the best outcome.
- Possesses the ability to facilitate the flow of information through effective written and oral communication.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to execute complex change communication deliverables by articulating difficult concepts into a compelling message, storytelling and influencing direction while gaining alignment across senior stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts, converting information into compelling business context and advice.
- Strong presentation skills.
Weill Cornell Medicine is a comprehensive academic medical center that's committed to excellence in patient care, scientific discovery, and the education of future physicians in New York City and around the world. Our doctors and scientists-faculty from Weill Cornell Medical College, Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and the Weill Cornell Physician Organization-are engaged in world-class clinical care and cutting-edge research that connect patients to the latest treatment innovations and prevention strategies. Located in the heart of the Upper East Side's scientific corridor, Weill Cornell Medicine's powerful network of collaborators extends to its parent university Cornell University; to Qatar, where an international campus offers a U.S. medical degree; and to programs in Tanzania, Haiti, Brazil, Austria and Turkey. Our medical practices serve communities throughout New York City, and our faculty provide comprehensive care at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital, and NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens. At Weill Cornell Medicine, we work together to treat each individual, not just their conditions or illnesses, as we strive to deliver the finest possible care for our patients - the center of everything we do. Weill Cornell Medicine is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Weill Cornell Medicine provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
About Weill Cornell Medicine
Weill Cornell Medicine is committed to excellence in patient care, scientific discovery and the education of future physicians in New York City and around the world. Since 1898, our doctors and scientists have been engaged in world-class clinical care and cutting-edge research that connect patients to the latest treatment innovations and prevention strategies. Weill Cornell Medicine's powerful network of collaborators extends to its parent university Cornell University; to Qatar, where Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar offers a Cornell University medical degree; and to programs in Tanzania, Haiti, Brazil, Austria and Turkey. Weill Cornell Medicine faculty provide comprehensive patient care at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian Lower Manhattan Hospital, NewYork-Presbyterian Queens and NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital. Weill Cornell Medicine is also affiliated with Houston Methodist.
Create the extraordinary.