WSU Education Producer
World Science Festival, New York City
Work at World Science Festival
Salary: Competitive with benefits
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
The World Science Festival’s educational arm, World Science U (WSU) is seeking a full-time Education Producer for our online programming. For each course, the Producer will work with instructors and teaching fellows to help them develop course content and oversee edits. The Education Producer will oversee the complete lifecycle of video content for each course. This includes but is certainly not limited to: preparing instructors for their lecture(s) and helping them shape their material, creatively directing video shoots, collaborating with in-house and contractor support teams to edit and output video content, reviewing cuts and providing consistent feedback.
- Produce each new WSU course from start to finish, including creating novel and exciting ways to film and edit video content.
- Oversee the complete lifecycle of video content for each course, including development, and creative directing of shoots and edits and reviewing video cuts.
- Prepare the faculty for their lecture and help them shape their material so that they are targeted towards student success.
- Collaborate with in-house and contractor support teams to edit and output course content. Solicit and manage feedback from faculty and other stakeholders on the course video content.
- Develop the process for soliciting and assessing student feedback, and updating or adapting video course content as needed.
- Coordinate the development, production, and delivery of video, slides, and audio for courses.
About World Science Festival
The World Science Festival (WSF) is an innovative multi-media organization that produces original live and digital content straddling the arenas of science, technology, the arts, media, performance and education. With the goal of radically transforming public perceptions of science, WSF creates world-class programming, both live on stage and televised, featuring inspired collaborations, outstanding talent and novel production techniques that bring scientific discovery, insight and perspective to a broad general audience.
Our flagship live event in New York City is an unprecedented annual tribute to imagination, ingenuity and inventiveness. The Festival has drawn over 3.2 million visitors worldwide, with more than 175 million views on our online platforms. The World Science Festival’s original musical and theatrical works tour nationally and internationally, and 2016 marked the launch of our sister festival in Australia, World Science Festival Brisbane. World Science U is the Festival’s online education arm where students and lifelong learners dive more deeply into cutting edge science through artfully produced digital education content presented by world-renowned scientists.
Want to learn more about World Science Festival? Visit World Science Festival's website.
Create the extraordinary.