Writers Guild of America, East, New York, NY USA
Work at Writers Guild of America, East
Salary: $63,931.81 - $68,847.23
Salary min: $60,000
Salary max: $70,000
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
The Writers Guild of America, East, a labor union representing writers in film, television, news, podcasts, and online media, is seeking a Communications Coordinator to join our team. The ideal candidate is outgoing, collaborative, creative and interested in the labor movement and the entertainment industry. The job requires a media savvy individual with excellent writing and interpersonal skills who can thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment. The job requires working in-person.
The Communications Coordinator will report to the Director of Communications, and will work with staff across multiple departments and with our members. The Communications Coordinator will assist on concurrent media campaigns, Guild events, organizing efforts and policy initiatives.
- Assist with internal and external communications, including but not limited to, writing and distributing press releases and statements, event invitations, member communications, weekly newsletter, a daily media digest, and other written content;
- Work with staff on all media-related aspects of organizing and contract campaigns, including but not limited to, pitching reporters, sending out emails, updating member lists, drafting petitions and letter campaigns, social media actions, strike prep, attending meetings and pickets, etc; (some shared work with Communications Administrator II)
- Assist with all aspects of the Writers Guild Awards, including but not limited to, working the red carpet and ceremony, attending and hosting screenings, pitching media, sending out e-blasts, etc;
- Update and maintain databases pertaining to press contacts, local and national politicians, etc;
- Assist with managing social media accounts associated with the Guild (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc); (shared work with Communications Administrator II)
- Work on scheduling and producing the Guild’s podcast;
- Attend and manage the technical aspects of in-person meetings and virtual meetings as needed;
- Attend Council meetings and run Zoom camera and audio;
- Responsible for setting up video conferencing in the office;
- Additional tasks related to communications, media, and events.
- At least two years of experience in communications or public relations;
- Prior experience with an entertainment company, union or political organization is a plus;
- Excellent organizational, writing and communication skills;
- Knowledge of WordPress, Action Network, Slack, Airtable, Eventbrite, and other online applications;
- Understands best practices for online and social media engagement;
- Ability to manage multiple projects with quick turnaround;
- Ability to multi-task and work in a deadline-driven environment;
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and Adobe Apps.
All interested applicants must send a resume, cover letter, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, or disability.
The salary range is $63,931.81 - $68,847.23 and will be commensurate with experience and per the staff union’s collective bargaining agreement. Excellent benefits including, but not limited to, employer paid health insurance, pension plan, 401K with match and more.. This is a full-time position.
About Writers Guild of America, East
The Writers Guild of America, East, AFL-CIO (WGAE) is a labor union representing writers in film, television, broadcast and streaming news, podcasts, and online media. The Guild negotiates and administers contracts that protect the creative and economic rights of its members; conducts programs, seminars and events on issues of interest to writers; and presents writers’ views to various bodies of government. For more information on the Writers Guild of America, East, visit wgaeast.org.
Want to learn more about Writers Guild of America, East? Visit Writers Guild of America, East's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Creative Jobs For You
Marketing Execution Consultant (WFH | 10 hours/week | Ongoing)
Brainstorm Creative Resources Inc., Work-from-home (Washington, DC area employer)