Contract Resume Editor/Writers
YES Career Coaching & Resume Writing Services, Working from home
Giving job seekers the marketing tools they need to build a career they love
Salary: $55 for editing a resume and cover letter set; $25-54 for interviewing (usually in writing); $75-185 for drafting a resume and cover letter set; pay will increase this summer
Salary min: $20,000
Salary max: $70,000
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Are you a freelance editor looking for work that allows you to make a difference?
- Do you have experience with resume writing/editing for clients? (preferred but not required)
- Do you have a passion for editing/writing and helping people?
- Do you want to sharpen your marketing editing/writing skills as you earn while part of a world-class team?
YES Career Coaching & Resume Writing Services is looking for you! Our woman-owned business needs one more work-from-home resume editor/writers to join our team. Our mission is to help job seekers determine what kind of work will light them up and to give them the strategies, marketing tools, inner game, and accountability they need to build a career they will love.
Our exceptional team is the reason YES is DC metro’s top-rated writing and career coaching company on most review sites (4.5 star rated on Yelp, A rated on Angie’s List, 5.0 star rated on Google, A+ rated at the Better Business Bureau, and 4.3 star rated on Glassdoor).
Pay is currently $55 for editing a resume set; $25-54 for interviewing (usually in writing); and $75-185 for drafting a resume and cover letter set after all information has been collected. Pay will be increased this summer. If you receive a contract, you may edit, draft, and interview or eventually just edit. (Editors start as drafters and interviewers in order to learn the craft and our way of doing it. After you are fully experienced in a few months, the choice is yours whether to edit only or do more.)
- Edit resumes, cover letters, and LinkedIn profiles.
- Work with clients via Internet or phone to come up with quantified accomplishments and other details to include on resume.
- Identify and incorporate keywords from job listings for which they will apply.
- Draft resumes (regular, executive, and federal), cover letters, and LinkedIn profiles for assigned clients in all career fields.
- At least one year of experience as an editor with final responsibility before going to press or sending deliverables to clients
- Strong marketing editing/writing skills
- Superior attention to detail and ability to follow directions
- Professional interpersonal communication skills and coachability
- Top organizational skills and reliability
- Strong knowledge of MS Word
- Looking for long-term contract and frequent work
- At least one year of experience in resume writing for clients and/or a resume-writing certification
- Strong understanding of different occupations, especially information technology
- Familiarity with the Washington-area employment scene (federal government, government contracting, nonprofits, lobbying, associations, etc.)
- We can offer you steady work from 15 hours a week to 40 hours depending on your preference, demand, and your cumulative rating. Unlike other resume companies that offer sporadic work or make you edit your work per client demand, you get paid after turning in your drafts, and we often beg contractors to take more work.
- You will be part of a small, woman-owned business that is, in the words of a recent employee, “very rewarding” to work in.
- You will have a role of key importance.
- You will make a difference in people’s lives every day and feel amazing when you help us earn a five-star review from a grateful client who got a job with your help.
- You will become a world-class writer/editor through practice, training, and feedback.
YES Career Coaching & Resume Writing Services values inclusion and welcomes applications by diverse candidates to join our team, which has included staff with roots in Africa, East and West Asia, East and West Europe, and Latin America. We love other kinds of diversity as well!
Native American English speakers who are freelancers only, please.
Must post resume and cover letter addressed to Ms. Katherine Akbar, president. Please refrain from emailing us through the website or calling.
Most applications will be reviewed within 48 hours of receipt. If you don't hear back, this is due to either not following the instructions, editing errors in the cover letter or resume, or lack of required experience. Thank you for your interest regardless! Free help for job seekers is available here: https://www.yeswriting.com/career-counseling-blog/
About YES Career Coaching & Resume Writing Services
A Washington metro top-rated career success company holding a 4.5-star rating on Yelp, 4.9-star rating on Google, an A rating on Angie's List, and an A+ rating at the Better Business Bureau. We serve individuals with resume writing and career coaching services.
We are a 12-year-old, woman-owned, family-run, fast-growing company.
Want to learn more about YES Career Coaching & Resume Writing Services? Visit YES Career Coaching & Resume Writing Services's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands