Job DescriptionAs a member of our global web strategy team, you will be primarily responsible for delivering a world-class web experience for our customers. You will manage all aspects of developing, testing, maintaining, and optimizing brand aligned experiences across a portfolio of website properties. In addition, you will lead and execute website projects that involve a variety of cross-functional teams.
Your passion and curiosity will enable you to try new approaches to problems, architecture, workflows, as well as the code that you produce. In addition to providing technical leadership within our web strategy team, you will collaborate with a variety of internal cross-functional stakeholders as well as external vendor resources.
What you will do:
Write readable, testable, and maintainable code that creates best-in-class brand aligned experiences (mobile & desktop) across an assigned portfolio of web properties
Establishes the teams best practices for analyzing user stories, articulating right-sized solutions, and project management. Ability to mentor junior web developers.
Ensure that our web properties support Turnitins go-to-market strategy by translating corporate objectives into a web roadmap while collaborating with internal stakeholders including corporate marketing, regional marketing, product marketing, engineering, operations, security, alliances, legal, and sales
Supervise the integration of our web properties with a variety of platforms including marketing automation, personalization, journey orchestration, social media, data lake, and ABM (account based marketing). Maintain existing legacy web properties.
Lead, collaborate, and execute website projects with a variety of non-technical internal cross-functional stakeholders
Analyze & Experiment
Continuously improve the UI/UX, functionality, speed, and scalability across our web ecosystem
Establish the teams best practices for performing A/B and multivariate tests to improve engagement, conversion rates, and ABM tactics
Contribute to the analytics framework, including establishing KPIs, creating dashboards to track and analyze development sprints, user engagement, website performance and quality
Help to create a test-and-learn team culture to understand our customers needs, behaviors, satisfaction, and experience gaps
Minimum of 6 years full-stack experience building high traffic enterprise level web applications
Back-end experience with Node.js (or similar) along with creating and consuming REST APIs
Advanced knowledge of agile web development, architecture, Jira, Git, Gulp, CDNs, mobile performance, and martech integrations
Debugging experience to resolve code defects. Understanding of page performance and website vitals.
Solid understanding of CMS Best Practices and guidelines, including experience developing CMS functionality, working within decoupled and headless architectures along with encapsulated design.
Experience with responsive design, including grid layout and mobile-first development
Experience translating design files (Figma, Adobe Xd) into functional components
Working knowledge of global data privacy regulations (GDPR and CCPA). Experience with accessibility standards (WCAG AA rating). Knowledge of SEO and security best practices.
Strong communication, project management and collaboration skills with internal and external stakeholders. A team player with a customer-centric focus.
Experience with Crownpeak / FirstSpirit CMS, Wordpress, Pardot, and Google Solutions (Analytics, Tag Manager, Search Console, Optimize, Data Studio, Keyword Planner) is a plus
expected annual base salary range
for this position is:
$120,000/year . This position is bonus eligible / commission-based. As a Remote-First company, actual compensation will be provided in writing at the time of offer, if extended, and is determined by work location and a range of other relevant factors, including but not limited to: experience, skills, degrees, licensures, certifications, and other job-related factors. Internal equity, market and organizational factors are also considered.Total Rewards @ TurnitinTurnitin maintains a Total Rewards package that is competitive within the local job market. People tend to think about their Total Rewards monetarily
solely as regular pay plus bonus or commission. This what they earn in exchange for what they do. However, Turnitin delivers more than just these components. Beyond the intrinsic rewards of making a difference in the lives of educators, administrators, learners and researchers around the world, and thriving in an organization that is free of politics and full of humble, inclusive and collaborative teammates, the extrinsic rewards at Turnitin include generous time off and health and wellness programs that offer choice and flexibility and provide a safety net for the challenges that life presents from time to time. In our Remote-First approach to collaborating, you are also able to work the way that best fits your style and situation
whether that be remote, in one of our offices/rented spaces or hybrid.Our
is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.Our
underpin everything we do.Customer Centric
- We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.Passion for Learning
- We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.Integrity
- We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.Action & Ownership
- We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.One Team
- We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each others successes.Global Mindset
- We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.Global BenefitsFlexible/hybrid workingRemote First CultureHealth Care Coverage*Tuition Reimbursement*Competitive Paid Time Off4 Self-Care Days per yearNational Holidays*2 Founder Days + Juneteenth ObservedPaid Volunteer Time*Charitable contribution match*Monthly Wellness Reimbursement/Home Office Equipment*Access to Modern Health (mental health platform)Parental Leave*Retirement Plan with match/contribution*varies by countrySeeing Beyond the Job AdAt Turnitin, we recognize its unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If youre willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Equality StatementTurnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to it programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or veterans status.