At Cox Communications, we're looking for an Inside Business Development Executive with a healthy respect for history and an eye on the future. If this sounds like you, keep reading. We have just the spot for you!
What's In It For You?
Things like a great work-life balance and an inclusive company culture are important. At Cox, we're ahead of the game; they've been important to us for years! Here's a sneak peek at how you can benefit as a Cox employee:
- We're on your side. Our pro-sales culture honors and respects what you and other salespeople contribute to our continuing success at Cox.
- We want our people to succeed, plain and simple. We're all about professional development, continuing education and helping your career grow (often on our dime!).
- Our innovative culture provides us with a roadmap to keep ahead of the competition, and our excellent reputation with clients in our industries reflects that.
- At Cox, we foster a culture of integrity and fairness, which we generously recognize and reward.
- We all have lives and responsibilities outside of work. We have an exceptional work/life balance at Cox, with accommodating work schedules and flexible time-off policies.
- We show our appreciation for our talent with a competitive salary package and top-notch bonus & incentive plans.
- How does a great healthcare benefits package from day one sound? Multiple options are available for individuals and families. One employee-only plan could be FREE, if you participate in our health screening program.
- At Cox, we believe in being transparent - please click on this link ( Cox Benefits Overview ) to learn more about our amazing healthcare benefits.
- 10 days of free child or senior care through your complimentary Care.com membership.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plans with up to 8% company match.
- Looking to grow your family? You'll have access to our inclusive parental leave policies, plus comprehensive fertility coverage and adoption assistance.
- Want to volunteer in your community? We encourage that, and even offer paid hours for you to do so.
- Employee discounts on hundreds of items, from cars to computers to continuing education.
- Free internet, premium cable and smart home automation in applicable markets.
- We all love our pets-whether they walk, crawl, fly, swim or slither-and we're happy to supply insurance for them as well.
What You'll Do
You'll take the reigns as a senior inside seller, pulling in new accounts and upsell existing clients. You'll focus on outbound efforts, uncovering opportunities to sell a range of tech solutions to small and medium-sized businesses. Responsibilities will include:
- Developing strategies, proposals and presentations to sell complex bundled voice, data and video solutions.
- Calling prospective customers to develop sales opportunities.
- Navigating organizations and selling to key decision makers.
- Engaging with clients to understand their businesses' communication needs, reviewing pricing options and sharing customer feedback.
- Contacting customers prior to contract expiration to solve problems, renew contracts and sell additional products and services.
- Serving as the primary point of contact for customers in all phases of sales process.
- Negotiating pricing, products, and promotions with new customers.
- Determining serviceability and providing ROI assessment for new build opportunities.
- Partnering with service delivery to ensure installations are scheduled and completed.
Who You Are
You're a relationship builder who elicits trust and provides top-shelf customer service. You're determined and ambitious, but also a great collaborator. Your ability to navigate a situation is matched only by your talent for influencing its outcome. You also have the following qualifications:
- 7 years of experience in a related field,
- OR a high school diploma or GED with 5 years of experience in a related field
- OR an AS/AA degree, BS/BA degree or certification in a related discipline with 3 years of experience in a related field.
- The ability to meet and exceed monthly sales goals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to multitask.
- At least 6 months of experience working with computers and common business software.
- B2B sales experience.
- Experience with quotas.
- Call center experience.
Ready to move your sales career into the future? Apply today!
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That's a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you're interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.