Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience. We’re building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve.
AUSA News is looking for an aggressive, self-starting freelance Multimedia Journalist. The ideal candidate should be able to generate story ideas, develop sources, pursue leads, and produce and present stories and other content for all platforms including social media. Must be able to shoot, write and edit clearly and creatively. Must also be capable of operating assigned camera and editing gear. We're looking for motivated local journalists willing to dive deeply into community issues and do stories that matter.
- Develop sources, maintain contacts, and pursue leads that result in original stories.
- Gather information, video content, interviews, and other elements necessary to produce thorough, high-quality news reports.
- Maintain a deep level of familiarity with hyper-local news events in order to generate original stories.
- Represent News 12 positively in the community in a courteous and professional manner.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Respond to breaking news and other urgent newsroom situations as required.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Journalism or Communications preferred, Master's degree is a plus
- Minimum one year full-time professional news reporting experience
- Ability to work independently in a one-man band, backpack, multimedia environment
- Ability to edit on non-linear systems i.e., Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier
- Knowledge of local and national current events, newsmakers, and issues
- Knowledge of libel laws and ethical foundations of journalism
- Excellent news writing ability for all platforms including social media
- Expected to write web/digital copy for all stories - Proficiency in current and emerging newsgathering and production technologies
- Ability to think quickly and respond appropriately in high pressure situations
- Valid driver's license with good driving record
- Ability to work inside a climate-controlled office/studio environment and outside in all weather conditions including extremes in hot and cold temperature, wet or humid conditions
- The freelance position is on-call as needed with fluctuating hours. Candidates must have a flexible schedule and be available to work various shifts with short notice at times, including nights, weekends, and holidays; or longer shifts due to breaking news.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
Applicants for employment with Altice will never be asked to provide money (even if reimbursable) as part of the job application or hiring process. Please review our Fraud FAQ for further details.