Design Sales Consultant
Work Mode: Onsite
Location: Onsite at Houston, TX
Join the Kohler Team to open its next Kohler Signature Store location in Houston, Texas! This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the store opening and develop a wide array of relationships that span from walk-in retail traffic to key trade industry clients.
The Design Sales Consultant is results driven and responsible for driving top-line sales through the consistent achievement of personal sales targets and goals set by leadership. This position is focused on the development of relationships with trade professionals and homeowners through the creation/development of a book of business with a focus on high impact activities and interactions with current and potential clients.
Key duties of the position include:
- Leverage Salesforce to manage customer relationships, interactions, leads and opportunities to demonstrate an accurate pipeline.
- Develop new relationships and business for Kohler to meet and exceed sales goals.
- Conduct daily follow up with customers, quotes and leads to generate and close business.
- Engage in strategic outreach to develop and grow the client base.
- Network with the professional trade through involvement in associations, meetings and events; including in-store events.
The Design Sales Consultant leverages top-notch customer service skills to deliver a gracious customer experience and achieve strong results. Success in the position will be measured through the achievement of Net Order and Net Sales goals. Additionally, team success will be measured through store Net Promotor Score (NPS).
Drive sales to meet and exceed individual and team sales plans:
- Provide high quality customer service to scheduled appointments and walk-in traffic.
- Conduct daily follow-up on outstanding quotes.
- Develop and execute marketing plans to current and potential customer base.
- Participate in planning and execution of in-store events.
- Understands how to win as a team and brings forth a team mentality.
Develop repeat sales, new relationships, and future business:
- Create a strategic sales plan and detailed tracking of customer interactions, quotes, and opportunities.
- Conduct outside sales calls, with a focus on targeted top-selling and high-potential accounts, marketing new and featured products.
- Follow up on leads to generate new business.
- Network with the professional trade through involvement in associations, meetings and events.
Deliver exceptional customer service:
- Provide prompt and friendly service to every customer that walks into the store.
- Follow up on all sales to ensure customer satisfaction and service are met.
- Maintain a well-organized and aesthetically pleasing environment.
- Understands balance between providing exceptional customer service and doing the right thing for Kohler Co.
- Drives repeat customers by going above and beyond to connect with customers in a meaningful and personal way.
Administer sales process to ensure timely and accurate completion of all sales:
- Process quotes and sales paperwork.
- Partner with Kohler Customer Care team to track orders for customers and ensure quality service.
Continually develop sales skills and product knowledge:
- Brings in a continuous improvement mindset by challenging status quo in a productive manner, and making recommendations for process improvements.
- Develop detailed knowledge of all product lines and features.
- Participate in training activities, including product knowledge presentations and online learning, to supplement product knowledge.
- Complete training courses to continually develop and hone presentation, negotiation, and sales skills.
- Minimum of 4 years prior sales experience required, in a high-end sales / service industry preferred. A track record of consistently meeting or exceeding sales goals required.
- Strong preference given to prior sales experience in interior or architectural design or luxury retail sales.
- Candidate must be capable of creating and communicating product and / or design solutions in a timely manner and articulate why to buy from Kohler Signature Stores.
- College degree or certificate in architecture or interior design preferred.
The hourly range for this position is $23.70 - $29.65. The specific hourly rate offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. Available benefits include medical, dental, vision & 401k.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
*Important update for candidates applying to roles within Kohler Energy, including Power Systems, Engines, Home Energy, Kohler Uninterruptible Power, Clarke Energy, Curtis Instruments, and Heila Technologies.
On November 6, Kohler Co. announced the strategic decision to establish Kohler Energy as a separate, independent business with Platinum Equity as the majority investment partner. Kohler will continue to stay invested in the Energy business following the closing and remains committed to supporting the acceleration of long-term growth strategies for both organizations. Talent and operational transition plans are underway, and Kohler Co. and Platinum Equity expect the agreement to close in the first half of 2024.Thank you for your interest in joining our growing team as we embark on the next phase of growth!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohlercompany.com.
It is Kohler’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.