Job Title: Graphic Designer (Digital and Print)
Department: Engagement Team
Reports to: Creative Director
FLSA Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
The Marlene Meyerson JCC Manhattan is looking to hire a full-time graphic and web/digital designer to join our fast-paced, in-house design team. Candidate should be a skilled and creative designer, with a minimum of 3 years experience in an in-house or studio design environment. Attention to detail, problem-solving, and communication skills, and the ability to work under pressure are critical (lots of production work along with the creative stuff).
The in-house design team is part of the larger Marketing & Engagement department and being a team player is a must. The JCC promotes hundreds of programs, classes, and events through print and digital signage and marketing materials each season. The right designer will work collaboratively with Marketers and Program/Event leads on concepts and then carry this through to design and production on a variety of on-brand websites, digital campaigns, and print design projects.
Projects range from print (posters, flyers, postcards, brochures, advertising), to design for the website(s), email, social media, online ads, and other digital screens. An understanding of UI/UX, HTML, email, and social media and their capabilities and limitations is necessary.
This position is onsite with remote flexibility.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Create marketing materials for hundreds of programs, including flyers, posters, invitations, brochures, postcards, newsletters/direct-mail pieces, outdoor phone and bus kiosk advertisements, print advertising, and their extension to web/digital
- Create digital assets for the JCC websites, online advertising, email marketing, and social media. Animation/motion graphics/video experience is a plus
- Be able to handle working on multiple jobs at the same time in a fast-paced environment, communicating well with the marketing team and the in-house clients
- Maintain relationships with print vendors and request print estimates
- Art directing photography
- Overseeing freelance designers, illustrators and videographers, when necessary
- Stay on top of print, web, and social/digital design trends
- 3+ years experience, ideally in an in-house or studio environment
- BA (in Design or equivalent, but a good portfolio is most important)
- Understanding of/experience with print production and web/digital/social design
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Need to be organized, with excellent time-management skills
- Experience with digital design (web/email/social) is a must
- Advanced ability with Adobe Creative Cloud, especially InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator required; Experience with video/motion (After Effects, Premiere) is a plus
- Experience designing in and creating templates, and sharing assets in Canva is a plus
- Awareness of UI/UX principles: Experience conceptualizing websites, wire-frame layouts, and building in web environments and an ability to troubleshoot issues and find solutions, with support from a web developer, if needed
Salary Range: Minimum $50,000 - Maximum $60,000
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.