Steady freelance work that pays on time! SlashGear is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working freelance writers to join our team. Ideal candidates have at least one year of experience writing content for print or the web with a focus on consumer tech and gadgets and/or automotive news and feature content similar to SlashGear. We are looking for creative individuals who are self-sufficient and versatile. These positions are work-from-home with flexible, stable hours. Location does not matter; U.S. and international candidates are encouraged to apply.
Dedicated to highlighting the latest and greatest in personal technology since 2005, SlashGear covers everything from cutting-edge tech gear to the latest digital lifestyle trends. Distinctive, informative, and fresh, we’ll keep bringing you device information and reviews you can trust as well as thought-provoking commentary.
Feature Writer Responsibilities:
- Claim feature article topics from a selection of assignments
- Research, pitch, and write 2600- to 3000-word articles in a custom CMS with a one-week to one-day turnaround, depending on the topic and timeliness of the article
- Follow the guidelines of our style guide, editorial strategy, and publishing standards to uphold quality of content
What We Offer:
- Compensation: 8 cents per word
- Reliable payment: we pay on time, twice a month
- No invoicing: our system is automated – you do not need to invoice us and we always email you a detailed statement each pay period
- Flexible scheduling: you choose the days and hours you work
- Fully remote: you can work from anywhere in the world
- Excellent exposure: Static Media’s sites receive more than 170 million monthly visitors and our content is syndicated via SmartNews, Apple News+, MSN, and Yahoo
- Minimum three years editorial experience writing and/or editing
- Experience with building content in a CMS
- Familiarity with the Associated Press Stylebook
How to apply:
To apply for this job, please submit the following materials:
- Your resume
- A cover letter
- Three professional writing samples relevant to the content we share on SlashGear (attach these in a PDF or provide links in your cover letter -- if providing links in your cover letter, please list full URLs separately rather than linking over the body text of your cover letter)
All content on Static Media's sites is written entirely by humans. While we understand AI-written content is becoming prevalent, any articles submitted using AI during the hiring process will not be considered.
We believe representation matters at Static Media and strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, those with disabilities, and individuals from other underrepresented groups to apply.