ISO New England Inc., One Sullivan Road, Holyoke, Massachusetts, United States of America Req #889 Monday, January 15, 2024
Are you interested in joining a dynamic company at the center of New England's clean energy transition? ISO New England is looking for a Communications Specialist to join our dynamic and collaborative communications team, with particular focus on technical writing and editing, content development, and corporate reports. To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have enthusiasm for explaining technical information to a general audience and for developing content suitable for different digital platforms (e.g., our website, newsletter, social media accounts) on a broad range of topics and issues. This is a terrific opportunity for a creative communications professional, who wants to learn new things about the energy industry while broadening their skills.
What we offer you:
- Hybrid work schedule with 2 days/week onsite
- ISO-NE offers flexible and hybrid work, a base salary plus bonus program, professional development and tuition reimbursement, enhanced 401k and financial planning, wellness programs with onsite gym, eligibility for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF), access to business networks & more, all in a stable and supportive work environment!
How you will make an Impact
- Help tell the story of the innovative and important work happening at ISO New England to a general audience
- Develop new and creative ways to explain our role and our critical responsibilities
- Collaborate with other departments to develop high-quality corporate reports and study summaries
- Working with technical staff, develop reports and other materials to explain studies and analyses to a general audience
- Write features and content for ISO New England's online platforms (website, newsletter, social media -- LinkedIn and Twitter)
- Re-leverage content, data, and reports into new and relevant information products for digital platforms
What we are looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, English, Journalism, or relevant field
- Demonstrable communications experience in corporate communications, public relations, marketing, and/or journalism
- Strong writer, with a track record of storytelling - you like to help people better understand a certain topic or issue
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Office and other platforms
- Highly organized and deadline driven
- Able to work collaboratively with a team as well as independently
Desired not required
- Knowledge and interest in energy and/or the environment and climate change
- Experience using social media and email-marketing tools
- Graphic design knowledge, including working in Adobe InDesign and Illustrator
- Audio (podcast) or video experience, including developing storyboards and audio/video production
From Holyoke, MA,ISO New England oversees the 24/7 operation of the power grid that covers the six-states of New England and administers the region's $15+ billion "stock exchange" for the buying and selling of wholesale electricity. The power system is constantly evolving as new technologies emerge and energy policies evolve. There is a lot happening at our organization behind the scenes to make sure the grid continuously yields reliable electricity at competitive prices while addressing the clean energy transition here in New England. COME JOIN US in making an impact within the region!
To learn more about what we offer our employees visit:
Mission, Vision, and Values
What we Offer
Diversity and Inclusion
Follow us on:
- We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice
ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
- Pay Type Salary
- ISO New England Inc., One Sullivan Road, Holyoke, Massachusetts, United States of America
Share this job: