THE JOHN GORE ORGANIZATION is the leading presenter, distributor, and marketer of Broadway theatre worldwide. Under the leadership of theater producer and owner John Gore, its family of companies includes Broadway Across America, Broadway.com, The Broadway Channel, BroadwayBox.com and Group Sales Box Office. Its productions span Broadway, Off Broadway, London’s West End, Japan and 48 North American markets. It has won Tonys in every producing category as well as numerous other Drama League, Drama Desk and Olivier awards.
At The John Gore Organization, a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees feel valued and respected, and all voices are valued and heard. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of equity, diversity, access and inclusion.
As a member of JGO Media, the Video Production Manager will work across teams that create content for JGO, including The Broadway Show, Broadway.com and Broadway Across America. Reporting to the VP of Creative, the Video Production Manager will capture, create, and edit first-class, broadcast quality video and audio for various business unit initiatives, especially including our syndicated weekly television show “The Broadway Show”. They will work with closely existing team members to shape the look and sound of videos, and be a key contributor in the push to expand and monetize content.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage team of producers for “The Broadway Show,” overseeing all levels of production from brainstorm to execution.
- Hire and manage freelance and part-time team of videographers, editors, lighting designers, sound engineers, etc. in conjunction with the Production Coordinator
- Collaborate with director of “The Broadway Show” to ensure production quality of weekly broadcast.
- Properly back up and store footage.
- Maintain equipment needs, ensuring existing equipment is in good working order and suggesting purchases when needed.
- Act as point person for other divisions of JGO including Broadway.com Editorial to reach out to with additional video needs.
- Capture broadcast quality video and audio for a variety of scenarios including but not limited to on-location interviews, studio interviews, green screen stand-ups, red carpet events, live event b-roll, character profiles, exterior city walk and talks, and more.
- Light a variety of the scenarios above accordingly, often under significant time constraints.
- Be able to lead a small crew or work as an individual.
- This role is the primary person responsible for each segment’s video and audio quality
- Perform the functions of a two-camera shoot as an individual.
- Run and record internal JGO livestream events
- Create/edit a variety of video formats, including interviews, documentary segments, sizzle reels, trailers, social content, etc
- Edit and mix audio
- Color correction
- Create 2D motion graphics
- Create video iterations based on existing creative in an After Effects template
- Other duties as assigned within JGO companies
- This position requires a flexible schedule, including some nights and weekends and in-person days in our Times Square office.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Employees will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
We offer competitive compensation including Vacation and Holiday Pay, health & welfare benefits, and a 401(k) retirement plan.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
All employees working in our offices or affiliated venues are required to obtain and maintain up-to-date COVID-19 vaccinations. Those (i) who are disabled or who have a qualifying medical condition that contraindicates a COVID-19 vaccination, or (ii) who objects to being vaccinated on the basis of a sincerely held religious belief, observance or practice may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The John Gore Organization is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal employment opportunity to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other legally protected classification under local, state or federal laws.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification or position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.