OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox TV StationsFOX Television Stations owns and operates 29 full power broadcast television stations in the U.S. These include stations located in 14 of the top 15 largest designated market areas, or DMAs, and duopolies in 11 DMAs, including the three largest DMAs (New York, Los Angeles and Chicago). Of these stations, 18 are affiliated with the FOX Network. In addition to distributing sports, entertainment and syndicated content, our television stations collectively produce approximately 1,200 hours of local news every week. These stations leverage viewer, distributor and advertiser demand for the FOX Network’s national content.
FOX 5 Atlanta is seeking a highly motivated News Producer. The Producer gathers news and information for newscasts and plays an active role in deciding newscast content, how stories are presented, and where they will be placed within the newscasts.
- Line produces assigned newscast, and fills in on other newscasts when necessary.
- Line produces unscheduled news coverage as needed. Assigns and supervises associate producers.
- Prepares newscast rundowns.
- Utilizes a variety of storytelling techniques, devices and studio stage locations to showcase news content in the most compelling and appropriate manner possible.
- Builds graphic elements for use in the newscasts.
- Collaborates with production staff to execute live newscasts and to develop compelling presentations of newscast content.
- Discusses story angles and newscast content with news managers, reporters and assignment editors.
- Collaborates with the digital team to identify digital and social media content to present in the television newscasts, using production styles to maximize viewer interest in the newscast and engagement on the station’s digital platforms.
- Innovates non-traditional storytelling techniques.
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficient in writing conversational broadcast news copy under deadline.
- Proficient in English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Communicates clearly, effectively and politely with the public in person and over the telephone.
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred. Two years of experience producing television newscasts for broadcast on a commercial television station.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.