Digital Media Manager (Onsite/Washington, D.C.)
Full-time, onsite in Washington, DC; Not Remote-Eligible
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT THE BIG PICTURE:
As the Digital Media Manager, you will work with various agency teams to create compelling content for digital platforms(including but not limited to websites, apps, and social media), manage the Editors Service, as well as social media accounts executing the News digital strategy. This role will also serve as backup for the Director of Digital Strategy & Social Media when needed.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Execute strategies that build brand awareness and increase audience acquisition/web traffic; create new/original multimedia content for websites and social media posts.
- Collaborate with editors to obtain photos and video content to accompany social media and website posts; review and copy edit content on a daily basis.
- Upload content and execute search engine and social media optimization for content on digital platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and others.
- Create reports and analyze data to measure the progress and effectiveness of messaging and social media efforts in addition to serving as archivist across the EWTN News teams. You will also serve as a Staff Writer when needed.
- Educate staff on copyright and best practices for both photos and video.
- You have a minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience managing social media content and strategies in a professional environment, preferably within the field of journalism.
- You have at least 1 – 2 years of prior experience in a management role, preferably in a newsroom environment.
- You are a practicing Catholic in good standing, possessing a proficient knowledge of the teachings of the Catholic Church with the ability to apply that knowledge to News coverage.
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Media, or a similar discipline applicable to a News environment is strongly preferred.
- You possess an in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and the ability to utilize media research and reporting resources effectively.
- Proficiency in a second language is a plus; Italian or Spanish is preferred.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT WORKING HERE:
- We offer a career with purpose! Apply your God-given talents, knowing your contributions help advance EWTN’s mission of sharing the Gospel with the world.
- Family-oriented working environment. We value the importance of work/life balance, and welcome you as an EWTN family member, not just an employee.
- Worship at work! Freedom to participate in daily Mass, Adoration, and prayer throughout your workday.
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability insurance and Retirement Savings Plan.
- 11 Paid Holidays and generous Paid Time Off program.
- Tuition reimbursement for online continuing education and degree programs through our partnership with Catholic Distance University.
- Potential for flexible hours and telecommuting may be possible dependent upon the position and department needs.
- Ability to learn alongside legacy employees while bringing new ideas to the growing team!
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
If you’re ready to get started on EWTN’s mission to bring the Gospel to the world, please email a cover letter, resume and your salary expectations to email@example.com. Thank you for considering EWTN and we look forward to hearing from you!