Embark on an exciting journey with EEI as we seek a dynamic individual to spearhead our digital communications strategy. This pivotal role involves not only shaping our online presence through content development, message amplification, marketing, and engagement with key stakeholders and influencers but also overseeing the monitoring, analysis, and reporting of all social media campaigns. Collaborate closely with our creative services team to craft compelling, timely, and shareable content across multiple platforms. Additionally, take charge of enhancing our social media ambassador program and effectively manage a vibrant community of social media teams from EEI member companies. Join us in driving impactful digital initiatives and making a difference in the energy industry landscape.
- Manage EEI's social media channels, ensuring consistent and engaging content is posted on a day-to-day basis.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and EEI's creative services team to develop fresh content and strategies that align with and evolve the brand voice across various social media platforms.
- Create social media content that reflects the themes and topics covered in EEI's Electric Perspectives magazine and supports events and initiatives outlined on EEI's editorial calendar.
- Liaise with cross-functional internal teams to identify content needs and opportunities, devising and implementing strategies to enhance EEI's digital brand and elevate the image of EEI's member companies and the industry as a whole.
- Take the lead in managing EEI's social media ambassador program internally and overseeing EEI's social media member company communications task force externally.
- Develop and implement analytical frameworks to measure and evaluate the performance of social media and digital marketing campaigns, leveraging insights to optimize future strategies.
- Actively participate in EEI's crisis/storm team, providing vital social media and communications support during storms and other industry-wide events to ensure effective information dissemination and stakeholder engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, pubic relations, marketing, political science, or a related field
- Five years of applicable experience in digital communications or public relations on Capitol Hill or in a trade association, PR agency, corporation, or government office Energy experience is desired, but not required
- Strong understanding of brand strategy and implementation, and demonstrated knowledge and understanding of social media channels/digital platforms
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills
- Excellent writing/communications skills, attention to detail, and the ability to write persuasively, quickly, and accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with social listening and a proven ability to identify and assess risks
The salary range for this role begins at $80,000. Starting annual salary will be determined on individual qualifications. EEI also offers an annual performance incentive which is prorated for mid-year start dates. This incentive is typically up to 10% of base salary. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness incentives and programs, transportation subsidy, and professional development opportunities.
This is a hybrid position which requires the incumbent to reside in the District of Columbia metropolitan area and come into the office a minimum of three days each week with two of the mandatory days being Tuesday and Wednesday. The third in-office workday can be either Monday or Thursday.