The races that make majorities are won or lost by increasingly small margins, and tech can make the difference. DigiDems provides funding, expertise, and essential tech resources to keep Democrats competitive in the nation’s toughest races.
Since our founding in 2018, DigiDems has recruited, trained, and placed over 200 full-time technologists (Campaign DigiDems) on critical races across the country. Beyond bringing new tech skills into the Democratic ecosystem, the DigiDems program also focuses on diversifying the Democratic labor pool by placing an emphasis on recruiting and developing high-potential talent from marginalized groups.
We are currently seeking to hire our 2024 Campaign DigiDem Cohort to support must-win Congressional and State Party Coordinated campaigns across the country. We’re looking for a talented and passionate group of 51 individuals that are mission-driven, excel at creative problem-solving, and translating information into action. This year's cohort consists of three types of specialty technologists focused on data, digital communications, and digital mobilization on the races that will determine control of the White House, Senate, and House. For more information on the Campaign Digidem - Digital Communications specialty track, please see below (professional campaign experience not required).
Campaign DigiDems - Digital Communications are assigned to individual Congressional or State Party Coordinated campaigns for the duration of the 2024 election cycle, where you will serve as a fully embedded and integrated member of their campaign team. You will be prepared to assist in all aspects of the campaign as needed, but your primary focus will be to provide support on tasks related to the management and execution of the campaign’s digital communications programming.
As a DigiDem you must be passionate about Democratic politics and willing to roll up your sleeves, embrace adventure, work extended hours, and temporarily relocate to support your campaign or state party. You will learn and contribute to fundamental aspects of the campaign on a daily basis. This is an opportunity to develop career-making skills, gain contacts in politics and technology, and have a positive impact on the world.
Professional campaign experience is not required; we provide on-the-job training on industry-specific tools. What’s most important is you’re committed to the mission, a fast learner, and adept at connecting with people. Our culture celebrates diversity of thought and background. If you’re eager to apply your talents in a high-impact political environment, we encourage you to apply.
ESSENTIAL DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS & NON-TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
In this role, you will primarily work to support your campaign in implementing their systems around planning and executing social media campaigns, digital marketing, graphic design, content creation, and website creation and maintenance. Depending on the individual campaign’s needs, this could include both technical and non-technical tasks like:
- Planning, executing, and assessing social media campaigns to amplify campaign messaging online,
- Developing on graphic and video content,
- Supporting in the development of digital ad campaigns,
- Creating and maintaining campaign website and/or microsites,
- Other non-technical duties as assigned; including (but not limited to) door-to-door canvassing, phone banking, and volunteer training.
PROGRAM, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Interest in Democratic politics and desire to work collaboratively in a team driven environment as part of a targeted Democratic campaign during the 2024 election cycle
- Demonstrated technical skills and aptitude as shown by experience or background including, but not limited to:
- Full-time work experience in social media management, digital marketing, graphic design, content creation or related work
- Writing experience including articles, essays or other original materials in school or local publications, online outlets, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, video production, journalism/media, communications, media, marketing, or some other communications related field
- Ability to communicate technical subjects to non-technical audiences
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Willing and able to identify knowledge or skill gaps and seek support where necessary
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and exciting values-based work environment, with tight deadlines and even higher stakes
TOP APPLICANTS WILL DEMONSTRATE EXPERIENCE IN ONE OR MORE OF THE PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS BELOW:
- Drafting of copy for a variety of applications (email, newsletters, websites, social media, etc)
- Planning and executing compelling multi-channel social media campaigns that leverage up-to-date best practices to build audiences and maintain brand consistency, then assessing those programs with hard-data metrics to gauge success and find opportunities for improvement
- Create social graphics with tools like Canva
- Maintaining and updating websites with content management systems like Wordpress or Squarespace
- Experience with digital ad buys
- Experience creating video content for social media
- Competency or fluency in languages other than English
- Working knowledge of HTML
- Experience on a Democratic campaign as a volunteer
Position: Campaign DigiDem - Data Technologist
Reports to: DigiDems Pod Director - Data
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Contract Type: Fixed Term, W2
Contract Term: June 3, 2024 - November 15, 2024
Salary: $7,250 Monthly ($87,000 Annual Equivalent)
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, PTO, FSA, Pet Insurance, Employee Assistance Programs, Life Insurance
Application Deadline: March 15, 2024 at 4:00pm ET
Check out our other job openings: https://zinccollectivecareers.multiscreensite.com/digidems#job-openings