Sponsored by the Department of State's U.S.-Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI), the Tomorrow's Leaders Program offers undergraduate and graduate scholarships to exceptional students from socioeconomically underserved backgrounds who represent the cultural, religious, and geographic diversity of the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). Tomorrow's Leaders study at world-class universities such as the American University in Cairo, the American University of Beirut, and the Lebanese American University while also participating in exciting internships, civic-engagement activities, and enrichment workshops. Through their participation in the program, participants foster their critical thinking and strengthen their ability to find creative solutions to the challenges facing their communities, the MENA region, and the world.
This position is part of theAcademicProgramsTeam within the Global Connections Department at FHI 360, which designs and implements professional development exchanges and scholarshipprogramming, both in the United States and third-countries. The Communication and Marketing Technical Officer is part of the Tomorrow's Leaders Recruitment's (TLR) Project and reports to the TLR Manager, assisting in the delivery of the program's marketing and communication plan. Outreach will be research-informed and utilize multiple platforms that can be scaled across a variety of uses and deliverables. The plan includes strategies for advertising the TLR undergraduate and graduate scholarship programs to targeted audiences, encouraging them to visit the program's website and complete an application. The TLR marketing and communication plan also includes a standardized process for review and approval of all materials with NEA/AC, the program's funder, as well as communication protocols with U.S. Embassies and other stakeholders.
Additionally, responsibilities will include updating promotional materials and providing creative input for graphic design, web design, motion graphics, and video editing in accordance with established brand standards.
- Implements marketing communication plan to promote the Tomorrow's Leaders Program.
- Applies an understanding of project priorities to customize marketing outreach to target audiences across 12 countries/territories in the MENA region.
- Works with Tomorrow's Leaders Recruitment Team to coordinate the strategy across social media platforms for recruitment within marginalized and underserved populations, including refugees and individuals displaced by conflict; the strategy should ensure gender parity.
- In close collaboration with NEA/AC and U.S. Embassies, coordinates and supports a range of recruitment methods, and publication of information in press outlets, websites and social networking platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn Twitter, and WhatsApp, including the development of language (captions) for social media posts.
- Leads coordination calls with MENA partner universities to ensure collaboration and consistent messaging on recruitment outreach and marketing.
- Oversees TL social media accounts. Expertise in paid social media campaigns, community management (engaging with the audience, responding to comments/messages, managing communities/groups, and leveraging user-generated content), curating content that fits the Tomorrow's Leaders Program's brand voice, and staying updated with trends. Experience with short-form video (primarily Instagram Reels), from creation to editing preferred.
- Maintains a social media posting calendar using Agorapuls.
- Develops engaging content for various platforms, including print, website, and social media, utilizing high-definition images and ensuring information is available in English, Arabic, and French.
- Collaborates internally and externally to create engaging video content that promotes the Tomorrow's Leaders Program and highlights various programmatic events. Video editing skills a plus, direct experience managing video projects (conception, editing, distribution, etc) preferred. Experience with YouTube preferred.
- Serves as primary liaison to project vendors providing services such as photography, videography, graphic design, and editing.
- Contributes to program reports and NEA/AC data calls, as needed.
- Works with FHI 360 Corporate Communications team to coordinate inclusion of marketing communications in the organization's global networks.
- Experience with e-mail marketing platforms such as Mailchimp
- Maintains the program web site www.tomorrowsleadersprogram.org through proficiency in website management and demonstrated experience with content management systems (CMS) such as WordPress. Ensures content accuracy, relevance, and optimal user experience. Familiarity with website analytics tools to track performance metrics and make data-driven decisions for website optimization. Experience in implementing SEO best practices and knowledge of HTML/CSS is a plus.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Creative, innovative, and detail-oriented.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects to meet short deadlines and client vision/directives.
- Excellent skills in writing and editing.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Good analytical abilities, including understanding data and figures. Ability to analyze social media metrics and translate them into actionable insights to refine strategies.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office and editing, WordPress (or similar), and graphic design software (Adobe InDesign, Canva).
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent in communications, journalism, marketing, public relations, education, international affairs/development, political science, Middle East studies, or related field.
- 2-4 years of experience in communications/marketing, writing/editing, publications, and strategic outreach, and/or related work; experience working in the global education or exchanges and scholarship field is preferred.
- Knowledge of Non-Governmental Organization (NGOs) and/or U.S. university processes and activities preferred.
- Possesses excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Speaking and writing skills in Arabic strongly preferred, French a plus.
- Demonstrates leadership ability.
- Demonstrates strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving abilities and the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills with sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political and ethical issues addressed by FHI 360.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
The expectedhiringsalary range for this role is listed below. FHI 360 pay ranges represent national averages that vary by geographic location. When determining an offer amount, FHI 360 factors in multiple considerations, including but not limited to: relevant years of experience and education possessed by the applicant, internal equity, business sector, and budget.
Base salary is only one component of our offer. FHI 360 contributes 12% of monthly base pay to a money purchase pension plan account. Additionally, all US based staff working full-time, which is calculated at 40 hours/week, receive 18 days of paid vacation per year, 12 sick days per year, and 11 holidays per year. Paid time off is reduced pro rata for employees working less than a full-time schedule.
Hiring Salary Range:$48,000 - $70,000
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Our values and commitments to safeguarding:FHI 360 is committed to preventing any type of abuse, exploitation and harassment in our work environments and programs, including sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment. FHI 360 takes steps to safeguard the welfare of everyone who engages with our organization and programs and requires that all personnel, including staff members and volunteers, share this commitment and sign our code of conduct. All offers of employment will be subject to appropriate screening checks, including reference, criminal record and terrorism finance checks. FHI 360 also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (MDS), facilitated by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response. In line with the MDS, we will request information from job applicants' previous employers about any substantiated findings of sexual abuse, exploitation and/or harassment during the applicant's tenure with previous employers. By applying, job applicants confirm their understanding of these recruitment procedures and consent to these screening checks.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 will never ask you for your career site username or password, and we will never request money, goods or services during the application, recruitment or employment process. If you have questions or concerns about correspondence from us, please email CareerCenterSupport@fhi360.org.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through acompetitive benefits package, professional developmentand policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others - and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.