The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch system and the Nintendo 3DS family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo has sold billions of video games and hundreds of millions of hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS family of systems, Super NES, Nintendo 64, Nintendo GameCube, Wii, and Wii U systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokemon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company's website at http://www.nintendo.com.
Nintendo is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a welcoming and inclusive environment in service to one another, our products, the diverse consumers we represent, and the communities we call home. We do all of this with kindness, empathy and respect for each other.DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Responsible for the day-to-day leadership of the Publisher and Developer Relations Marketing and EBP teams including resource management, team cohesion, and individual growth.
- Designs and Implements marketing strategies to ensure key partnerships and processes are in place to meet the business objectives, requirements, and ROI.
- Researches prospective business opportunities and manages the pipeline and prioritization for marketing executions
- Directs the coordination of marketing activities with global partners (Licensees, NOA, Nintendo Company Limited, & Nintendo of Europe)
- Builds relationships and inspires action with external partners and internal teams to ensure successful project execution
- Advocates on behalf of the 3rd party business to assure proper representation and perspective is provided in support of the needs of its constituents
- Provides timely updates on strategic marketing business objectives and team developments to the GM of PDR, SVP of PDR and executive teams as needed on a global basis
- Negotiates with internal partners to assure proper support, resources, and executional compliance in support of the 3rd party business
- Acts as spokesperson for Nintendo by presenting games to media, participating in interviews, presenting on live streams, and supporting other promotional efforts
- Facilitates effective communication channels with NCL, via visits, video calls, to drive collaboration, and build relationships.
- Acts as the PDR Global Liaison, aligning on information flow, tactics, and problem resolution on marketing related topics
- Sets direction for 3rd party participation at E3, GDC, TGA, Nintendo Live, and other events
- Directs 3rd party strategy and execution for key digital executions such as Nintendo Directs, Indie World, and Partner Showcases
- Approximately 30% domestic and/or international travel
- 10-12 years of related experience
- Broad understanding of sales, marketing, finance, legal, and general business practices
- In-depth knowledge of video game marketing practices with an emphasis on digital and consumer marketing
- In-depth knowledge of trademark, copyrights and intellectual property rights and their applications in products, advertising, and general printed materials
- Prior history of managing budgets
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial skills with an emphasis on team development
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities, deadlines, and guidelines
- Strong sales and negotiation skills
- Core gamer with broad industry network and knowledge
- Working knowledge of Japanese is preferred but not required
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Business or a related field
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the United States to be considered. Visa sponsorship is not available for this role. This position is hybrid in Redmond, WA. Hybrid positions require regular onsite work following the schedule and guidelines for their division. This position is not open to fully remote status at this time.
This position includes a base salary range of $178,118 - $267,177 annually, potential for a semi-annual discretionary performance bonus, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and paid time off. Please see our Benefits & Perks page for more benefits information. #LI-Hybrid