Public Relations External Communications Director
Dutchess County, NY, USA
Fishkill Office, 300 Westage Business Center Drive, Fishkill, New York, United States of America
Headquarters Office, 625 State Street, Schenectady, New York, United States of America
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Rockland County, NY, USA
Tarrytown Office, 303 South Broadway, Tarrytown, New York, United States of America
Westchester County, NY, USA Req #1757
Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Over 35 years strong and fueled by 1,700 smart, passionate employees across New York state and Vermont, MVP is full of opportunities to grow. We are a nationally recognized, award-winning leader for a reason. The beating heart of our company is a wide range of employees from a diverse set of backgrounds-tech people, numbers people, even people people-working together to make health insurance better. If you are ready to join a thriving, mission-driven company where you can create your own opportunities and make a positive difference-it's time to make a healthy career move to MVP!
This position leads, develops and executes comprehensive, proactive public relations strategies that advance the MVP Health Care brand and protect the company's public reputation. This position should work collaboratively with the agency to generate a pipeline of PR opportunities through liaising with executives across the business and key stakeholders within the community to cultivate a positive company image among target audiences.
Prioritizing three focus areas through the lens of the customer for our PR efforts:
Thought Leadership : Through innovative solutions, we aim to improve the overall health and well-being of our customers by providing plans that meet customers' needs.
Reputation Management : We are guided by our core values at every step to help our customers achieve their best health and well-being. This includes crisis management and brand management.
Employee Recruitment/Retention : Employees are an important asset for MVP. PR can have a positive impact on recruiting and retaining top talent in an organization.Key Accountabilities:
- Leads the development and execution of MVP's Public Relations strategy, including adherence to MVP's corporate Media Policy and crisis communications plans.
- Proactively seeks, identifies, and facilitates desired media opportunities, including developing enterprise strategy development.
- Enhances and manages media relationships (local, trade and national) to establish ties that create ongoing interest in and visibility for MVP.
- Stays abreast of business updates, competitor updates, and industry trends to inform PR program.
- Serves as spokesperson and media contact for MVP, conducting necessary media training for key employees.
- Writes, edits, and distributes press releases, in coordination with outside agency (as applicable).
- Manages company's LinkedIn account for MVP external news.
- Research media inquiries and prepares media responses in consultation with outside media agency (as applicable), VP, Marketing and Communications, and other members of MVP's leadership team including Talent and member comms.
- Manages external PR agency relationships.
- Helps to position MVP and its executives as leading experts in the industry; facilitates speaking engagements, blogging, and other public events that feature MVP's expertise.
- Coordinates with social media, marketing, and other areas of expertise to promote MVP's key messages.
- Monitors and reports on media coverage and broader PR campaigns to corporate stakeholders.
- Collaborates with Field Marketing and Corporate Engagement teams to promote events and sponsorships where applicable, additionally working cross functionally with Talent and Internal Comms on necessary PR communications.
- Develops MVP PR Calendar with key events or news each month.
- Preparing media kits.
- Developing statements or speeches for organizational leaders and assisting with press conferences.
- This role will collaborate daily with cross-functional Marketing & Communication teams. as well as other leaders across the business lending support on strategy, and potentially writing and editing internal and customer-facing communications.
- Occasional travel may be required within MVP's service areas. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Self- motivated with a positive and professional consultative approach to work efforts.
- Manage the PR agency relationship.
- Manage PR budget.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, business, or related field is required.
- Master's degree or related work experience in related field is preferred.
- 6-8 years of corporate public relations, internal and/or external affairs, agency, or executive communications experience
- Experience and knowledge of the health care industry and /or the communities served by MVP strongly preferred.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with ability to portray the executive's voice and elevate their content and presence.
- Drive discussions to develop and portray company story around brand, mission, and lines of business.
- Seasoned project management skills including managing public relations agency and internal client relationships, timelines, and budgets.
- Ability to research and assess industry trends to parse alignment and develop organizational stories.
- Help move organization towards best content marketing practices and platforms appropriate for our audiences, and our leadership culture, by leveraging the use of blogs and social media.
- Strike a balance to simplify complex content and write in a clear, succinct, engaging format.
- Strong Leadership presence, professionalism, and ability to build partnerships at all levels of internal stakeholders and externally with community, media, business and industry.
- Has the ability to challenge status quo and be innovative in developing PR planning.
- Exceptional ability to keep information confidential.
- Tactical understanding of all relevant media outlets and primary social media platforms
- Ability to work in high stress situations.
MVP Health Care is a nationally recognized, not-for-profit health insurer caring for members in New York and Vermont. Committed to the complete well-being of our members and the communities we serve, MVP makes health insurance more convenient, more supportive, and more personal. We are powered by the ideas and energy of more than 1,700 diverse employees from all backgrounds, committed to having a positive impact on the health and wellness of everyone we serve.
At MVP, we are committed to providing competitive employee compensation and benefits packages. The base pay range provided for this role reflects our good faith compensation estimate at the time of posting. Specific employment offers and associated compensation will be made individually based on several factors , including but not limited to geographic location ; relevant experience, education, and training; and the nature of and demand for the role.
In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Considerable paid time away from work including PTO (Paid Time Off), s ick t ime, service t ime o ff, p aid h olidays, and f loating h olidays , allowing you to take time off when it suits you best.
- Competitive 401(k) employer matching and profit-sharing program to help you save for your retirement.
- Low premium health benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage to support your well-being and that of your family.
- Life insurance and disability coverage to ensure financial security for you and your dependents.
- An array of optional benefit plans such as accident insurance and specified disease coverage to protect you from the unexpected.
- Full tuition reimbursement (up to the IRS limit) for approved courses and programs that support continuous learning.
- A best-in-class employee Well-Being program to support all dimensions of your health and wellness.
MVP Health Care analyzes the latest market data to determine employee compensation. Compensation figures listed in a job posting are subject to change as new market data becomes available. The salary range, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. MVP Health Care reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law. More detailed information about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
MVP Health Care is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Employment Opportunity (PDF). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis, e.g., Pay Transparency (PDF), and the Know your Rights protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply and learn more - including how you may become a proud member of our team.
- Job Family Marketing/Communications
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $95,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $145,000.00