Full Time; F
lexible schedule but typically 8:00 am - 5:30 pm; Monday - Friday (Salaried position and not coverage-based)
Expected starting wage range is $107,852.94 - $133,258.06. Telecare applies geographic differentials to its pay ranges. The pay range assigned to this role will be based on the geographic location from which the role is performed. Starting pay is commensurate with relevant experience above the minimum requirements.
The Proposal Manager is responsible for developing and writing proposals for large (typically $500,000 - $50 million), complex bids. This position plays a key role in a multidisciplinary proposal development team to create high quality, compliant, and competitive County, State, and other proposals in response to formal Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and similar opportunities.
· BA or BS degree in English, Journalism, Psychology, Social Science or related field
· Five plus (5+) years of demonstrated complex proposal writing experience.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, a valid driver's license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply.
· Previous experience with proposal management technology
· Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders.
· Develops an in-depth understanding of each business opportunity and takes the lead on educating stakeholders in the requirements of the proposal; in consultation with Director of Business Development, ensures that the proposal reflects all requirements including conducting quality assurance checks.
· Analyzes the RFP/bid requirements against the proposal outline to ensure both compliance with and responsiveness to the customer's issues and needs comes up with win themes against evaluation criteria.
· Sets and executes winning strategies, preparing high quality, competitive written narratives.
· Generates high quality questions for customers in order to develop competitive and compliant proposals.
· Working as a collaborative member of the Proposal Team, adheres to internal deadlines, sets up and leads meetings, and collects needed content and feedback from existing proposal resources, subject matter experts, and other stakeholders.
· Develops and continuously refreshes proposal content for multiple product lines and customer types.
· Monitors trends in proposal writing, bid development, and behavioral health to ensure that proposals are relevant and as competitive as possible.
· Closely tracks proposal budget development activities, ensures compliance with all RFP requirements (e.g., staffing, maximum allowable amount), and ensures that all elements of the proposals match the budget materials by updating the proposal to reflect updates to the budget during the development process and at completion.
· Solicits and integrates feedback on proposal drafts from subject matter experts.
· Contributes as member of new business thought leadership to track industry trends, anticipate future RFPs, and proactively plan for new content.
· Provides research and analytical support to Telecare's development efforts.
· Manages multiple, simultaneous projects with a sensitivity to tight deadlines and to working in a collaborative group.
· Manages proposal management technology and oversees contracts with outside vendors related to proposals as needed.
· As needed, represents Telecare at pre-bid conferences (limited overnight travel required, approximately 5% of time)
· Currently this position is envisioned as a full-time, exempt, hybrid position working out of Telecare's Alameda, California corporate office 1-2 days a week or as needed.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
· Analytical/critical thinking skills for understanding multiple product offerings and their value propositions, and defining them in succinct, persuasive written responses.
· Strong interpersonal, communications, and negotiating skills.
· Solid problem resolution and time management skills
· Demonstrated leadership skills as evidenced by initiative, collaboration, and big picture thinking.
· Ability to work conscientiously in a self-directed manner and integrate feedback.
· Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite for complex document generation and maintenance (experience with Visio preferred)
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to walk, bend, squat, kneel and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, stand, twist, reach and do simple grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
If job posting references any sign-on bonus internal applicants and applicants employed with Telecare in the previous 12 months would not be eligible.