KCCI, the CBS affiliate in Des Moines, IA, is seeking a strong Digital Media Sales Manager who is prepared to bring energized leadership to our digital sales efforts. We are looking for a sales leader who creates a positive culture for success through leadership, clear direction, teaching, motivating, and evaluating the sales efforts of our local team. You will guide the local and national teams in providing the market’s leading digital solutions to exceed revenue goals. You should be highly organized, able to coach a winning team along with working knowledge of various digital advertising opportunities. The ability to develop and maximize revenue opportunities within the advertising community is a must and client engagement is a top priority. You should have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple opportunities simultaneously.
As a Digital Sales Manager, it is the expectation that you will work primarily at the station as well as in the field, meeting with clients and attending sales calls. You will have capabilities for zoom/video conference meetings as needed. You will report to the General Sales Manager.
- Prepare and implement individual advertiser account strategy including revenue goals
- Meet with the local sales team, including group and individual meetings, to ensure their professional development and success with shared goals
- In partnership with the Local Sales Manager, lead weekly sales meetings; prepare and lead quarterly/annual sales planning meetings
- Evaluate seller performance and provide feedback
- Be a primary negotiator for the station on all digital business; review important sales proposals in advance to ensure client goals are achieved in a manner consistent with station sales guidelines
- Respond to Request For Proposals (RFPs); meeting client deadlines
- Meet with clients to develop/strengthen business relationships; improve client retention
- Develop/strengthen business relationships with important station vendors
- Support local sellers in sales presentations to client/agency personnel
- Develop and produce non-traditional revenue and new sales programs
- Manage multiple expense budgets related to digital projects
- Work in partnership with the Local Sales Manager and National Sales Manager to achieve shared and strategic goals
- Provide training to Local and National sellers
- Ensure that all necessary sales presentations are comprehensive and available in advance of the selling window
- Maintain current and accurate revenue forecasts by account
- Review new insertion orders
- In person attendance is required
- Experience with online display, video and native advertising, as well as SEM / SEO and targeted programmatic digital advertising solutions.
- Have a complete understanding of current digital marketing strategies including synergist values with other media.
- Understanding of pricing and inventory management principles
- Dissect an advertising Request for Proposal (RFP); identify important revenue opportunities, and prepare comprehensive and a winning response
- Help AE’s prospect, meet with, and close business with new station clients
- Have the skills to manage others
- Proficiency with Wide Orbit, Vivix, and One Domain/WO Media Office is a plus
- Valid driver's license and reliable automobile
- Related military experience will be considered
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That's why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Hearst's benefit programs are modern, flexible and designed to focus on you. As a Hearst employee, you and your spouse or partner or dependents would have access to the following benefits.
- Medical | Dental | Vision
- 401(k) matching
- Emotional Wellness Support
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- LGBTQ+ Health Services
- Additional benefits to meet your and your family's needs