Local News Associate Producer
WESH 2/CW18, the Hearst-owned NBC affiliate in Winter Park, FL, has an immediate opening for an ambitious, hardworking Part-Time Associate Producer to work in our newsroom. The qualified candidate will assist producers in all aspects of producing a newscast. They will train to produce newscasts independently, and fill in produce, as needed. This will include writing stories, creating graphics, researching information, and using video. Associate Producers also assist in making phone calls to gather information about stories. In addition to writing for our broadcasts, our Associate Producers are also assigned to write/post stories daily to our digital and social media sites. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational and writing skills. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who aspires to be our next Newscast Producer. You will report to the News Director.
- Researching and writing stories for our newscasts and digital platforms
- Assist producers and reporters with research
- Help prepare and develop news rundown
- Work alongside and communicate effectively with assignment editors, producers, reporters, photographers, editors, production staff and news managers
- Transcribe video and interviews, select sound bites and build graphics
- Understand social media and be able to produce content on our digital platforms.
- Making follow up calls and beat calls
- Operate the Teleprompter
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid news judgment and passion for news
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to work on deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of ENPS is a plus
- Familiarity with the Orlando DMA
- Work varied hours, holidays, overnights, weekends and during severe weather situations as needed and/or scheduled
- In-person attendance is required
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That's why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Hearst's benefit programs are modern, flexible and designed to focus on you. As a Hearst employee, you and your spouse or partner or dependents would have access to the following benefits.
- Medical | Dental | Vision
- 401(k) matching
- Emotional Wellness Support
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- LGBTQ+ Health Services
- Additional benefits to meet your and your family's needs