******$500 sign on bonus paid out at 30-60-90 days in the amounts of $100-$150-$250******
Payrate starting: $18.00 THIS IS NOT FOR A HOTEL
Do you love your community? Do you like to earn your money by doing something that “makes a difference” for people? Are you the kind of person who always stops to help someone? If so, we’ve been looking for you! We need community minded people who have a good work ethic, are friendly and have an outgoing personality. With an extra set of eyes to watch for security issues that may arise. See something say something.
Wednesday- Sunday 1:30 pm- 10:30pm
Patrol Downtown district acting as a deterrent and being on the lookout for unwanted behavior and activity, while providing information, assistance, and directions to downtown workers, residents, and visitors.
Hospitality/Safety Ambassadors are responsible for assisting in the protection of life and property, detection and prevention of crime. As the eyes and ears of the police only, we focus on providing safety with great communication skills and a lot of personality. Additionally, good documentation skills are required for this position as it is important to document activities and incidents which are witnessed, or the Safety Ambassador is involved in.
· SERVING AS A DETERRENT- Traverse the streets to circulate through assigned zone to deter unwanted activity through uniformed visible presence. Use good judgement and great communication skills to keep everyone secure and safe. We are not security officers, however we do require a guard card and we can assist you obtaining one.
· OBSERVE AND REPORT– While on patrol be watchful for unwanted behaviors or criminal activity and report to local authorities via established communication methods. Must be able to articulate an accurate description of persons, vehicles, and other similar identifiers. We are not security officers in the general sense. We don’t put the cuffs on anyone.
· ADDRESS UNWANTED ACTIVITIES -Ambassadors will firmly and courteously request compliance to persons violating low level quality of life crimes, such as aggressive panhandling, non-aggressive panhandling, loitering, disruptive behavior, etc.
· HOSPITALITY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE –While on patrol will go out of the way to actively engage with pedestrians with a friendly greeting or identify visitors in order to provide directions, information, city information or recommendations.
· STAKEHOLDER RELATIONS- Ambassadors will be responsible for making a specified number of visits to district businesses to share information and make professional contacts on behalf of the customer.
· REPORTING– Must be able to develop written Incident Reports and Property Condition Reports. As well, Ambassadors must provide a daily written report to document shift activities
· PROFESSIONALISM– Must maintain a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, procedures and overall Block by Block standards of expected professionalism.
· Must have the physical capacity to ride a bike or traverse continuously during an eight hour shift, with normal breaks (two fifteen minutes, and one thirty minute meal break).
· Must be able to work outdoors in all conditions with provided inclement weather gear.
COMMUNICATION- Must be able to speak, read, and write the English language in order to create basic reports.
We are proud to offer the following benefits:
· Insurance: Medical with available FSA and/or HSA, Dental, Vision, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Life, and Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Critical Illness, and Accident.
· Paid time off: Vacation, Sick Time and/or PTO (Only where required by local requirements and contract agreements), Paid Leave (only where required by law), Holidays (only where required by contract agreement), Floating Holidays (only where required by contract agreement), Birthday Pay (eligible after one year of service at most locations unless otherwise stated in CBA), Jury Duty (only where required by law).
· Other: 401K Retirement Savings.
Job Type: Full-time
Dental insuranceHealth insuranceHealth savings accountLife insurancePaid time offReferral programVision insuranceSchedule:
8 hour shiftDay shiftNight shiftWeekend availabilityEducation:
High school or equivalent (Preferred)Experience:
Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)Hospitality(NOT HOTEL): 1 year (Preferred)License/Certification:
Driver's License (Preferred)