Job Description About UsMission
To create experiences that bring people together to discover extraordinary films from around the world. It is through the art of cinema that we foster a community that is more informed, aware, and alive.Equity Values
SIFF believes that valuing and promoting diversity is vital to our mission. We are dedicated to improving racial equity within our organization and our community. SIFF uses our unique position to share diverse perspectives in visual storytelling while empowering new voices to share their own stories and promoting accessibility for all people. We strive to foster diversity in all facets of our organization, from board to volunteer, from artist to audience and beyond.SIFF is committed to...
Making Our Culture More Inclusive and AffirmingSeattle's Indigenous Heritage AcknowledgementRace, Equity and Social Justice
About The PositionThe
Festival Filmmaker Services Associate
serves as the primary liaison between assigned filmmakers and SIFF’s Programming, Operations, PR, and Guest Relations department during the 50th Seattle International Film Festival. The Festival Filmmaker Services Associate coordinates and hosts assigned filmmakers, ensuring a positive festival experience.Dates of Employment: April 1, 2024- May 24, 2024
Compensation: Hourly. $20/hr.
Festival Guest Relations Manager
Primary Supervisory Responsibilities:
VolunteersPrimary Roles and Responsibilities
• Prior to the Festival, initiates communication with assigned filmmakers once invited by festival programming.
• Enters guest information into database
• Gathers accurate filmmaker information in database for use in festival publications
• Creates filmmaker itineraries and welcome packets
• Works with PR Department to schedule any press opportunities for assigned filmmakers.
• Works with Box Office & Customer Service Manager to create and distribute assigned filmmaker credentials and benefits. Coordinates any additional ticketing upon request.
• If assigned local filmmakers, would lead Local Filmmaker Meet and Greet event prior to festival. Works with Box Office & Customer Service Manager to prepare credential and benefits pick-up at the event.
• Assists on site for all assigned screenings, ensuring that logistics are successfully implemented in coordination with venue operations management and to greet filmmakers and guests upon arrival.
• Regularly attend daily Festival meetings.
• Writes a complete wrap-report, which includes archiving relevant documents and information in the festival database, by scheduled due date.
• Coordinates thank you letters for guests/artists, and finalize any outstanding correspondence, and dept. accounting.
• Other duties as assignedQualifications
• 1-2 years of hospitality, guest services, and/or event experience required. • 1-2 years of customer service experience required.
• Excellent attention to detail required.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, required.
• Ability to perform well in a stressful situation.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Google Suite, and experienced in FileMakerPro database usage preferred.
• Demonstrated commitment to racial equity and social justiceDesired
• Community arts, festival and/or non-profit experience is a plus
• Experience with FileMaker Pro and/or Shiftboard scheduling software is a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to interact with patrons and coworkers, stand and sit for extended periods, physically assist patrons as needed, and lift up to 25 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To Be Considered For This Role
Attach your resume detailing all relevant professional experience to the roleAll attachments must be in PDF file
Please note that, at this time, to be in-person at any SIFF venue (including working in our offices) you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
AAP/EEO Statement :
SIFF provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.