Work with Us. Change the World.
At AECOM, we're delivering a better world. Whether improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive. We are the world's trusted infrastructure consulting firm, partnering with clients to solve the world's most complex challenges and build legacies for future generations.
There has never been a better time to be at AECOM. With accelerating infrastructure investment worldwide, our services are in great demand. We invite you to bring your bold ideas and big dreams and become part of a global team of nearly 50,000 planners, designers, engineers, scientists, digital innovators, program and construction managers and other professionals delivering projects that create a positive and tangible impact around the world.
We're one global team driven by our common purpose to deliver a better world. Join us.
AECOM is seeking a Plumbing Designer to be based in Houston, TX
The Senior Plumbing Designer will work together with a multidisciplinary team to conceive, permit, design and provide construction administration support for small and large projects.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Building Plumbing systems
* Act as a Project Manager assisting with workload planning, team management, and project management
* Perform Construction Administration services, including review of shop drawings, RFI's and review of contractor proposed change orders
* Evaluate feasibility of alternative design approaches in conjunction with senior team members
* Perform site/field visits to ascertain existing conditions including equipment condition evaluations
* Organize/plan projects to ensure quality controls and project criteria are met and within budget
* Assist in preparing proposals and presenting to Clients
* Assist with mentoring of junior staff within the Mechanical Department
Minimum Requirements :
* BA/BS + 2 years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
Preferred Qualifications :
* CPD certification is strongly desired
* Strong Revit capabilities
* Strong Project Management Experience/PMP Certification
* Ability to interact with others on a multi-discipline team
* Ability to work on multiple projects at once
* Good time management skills, a strong work ethic and attention to detail
* Ability to manage projects (financials) and small project teams
* Excellent Communications Skills with the ability to present designs to clients
* Additional Industry Certifications such as LEED AP, CxA or CEM
* Sponsorship is not available for this role
* Offered rate of compensation (Texas locations only) will be based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. The salary range for this position is $80,000- $95,000
* AECOM is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Depending on your employment status, AECOM benefits may include medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, disability benefits, paid time off, leaves of absences, voluntary benefits, perks, U.S and global well-being programs, employee assistance program, business travel insurance, service recognition awards, retirement savings plan, and employee stock purchase plan.
AECOM is the world's trusted infrastructure consulting firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle - from advisory, planning, design and engineering to program and construction management. On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, new energy and the environment, our public- and private-sector clients trust us to solve their most complex challenges. Our teams are driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world through our unrivaled technical and digital expertise, a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion, and a commitment to environmental, social and governance priorities. AECOM is a Fortune 500 firm and its Professional Services business had revenue of $14.4 billion in fiscal year 2023. See how we are delivering sustainable legacies for generations to come at aecom.com and @AECOM.
Freedom to Grow in a World of Opportunity
You will have the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you're working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion - a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We're the world's trusted global infrastructure firm, and we're in this together - your growth and success are ours too.
Join us, and you'll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm - access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Business Line: B&P - Buildings & Places
Business Group: DCS
Strategic Business Unit: West
Career Area: Engineering
Work Location Model: Hybrid