We are looking for a Full-Time Program Coordinator to join the Department of Health Promotion and Behavioral Sciences as part of the UTHealth School of Public Health at the Brownsville Regional Campus in Brownsville, TX. In this position, you will be responsible for coordinating the logistics of research activities (e.g., scheduling meetings, liaising with community members and youth leaders, preparing reports, supporting administrative elements, grant application submissions, conference abstracts, and manuscripts for publication).
Once you join us you won't want to leave. It's because we reward our team for the excellent service they provide. Our total rewards package includes the benefits you'd expect from a top healthcare organization (benefits, insurance, etc.), plus:
* 100% paid medical premiums for our full-time employees* Generous time off (holidays, preventative leave day, both vacation and sick time - all of which equates to around 37-38 days per year)* The longer you stay, the more vacation you'll accrue!* Longevity Pay (Monthly payments after two years of service)* Build your future with our awesome retirement/pension plan!
We take care of our employees! As a world-renowned institution, our employees' wellbeing is important to us. We offer work/life services such as...
* Free financial and legal counseling* Free mental health counseling services* Gym membership discounts and access to wellness programs* Other employee discounts including entertainment, car rentals, cell phones, etc.* Resources for child and elder care* Plus many more!
Provides overall design, execution, management, and effectiveness of public education and/or outreach programs in order to ensure the achievement of its assigned goals and objectives.
Position Key Accountabilities:
* Coordinates, develops, implements, and evaluates the delivery system for education and outreach programs in targeted communities.* Participates in all phases of projects and in research related activities, including assessing regional needs for program education, developing regional outreach plans based on needs assessment findings.* Researches and analyzes data pertaining to education, and attends functions to keep abreast of relevant scientific and technical developments related to programs.* Communicates with community and a variety of health care professionals to share objectives, outcomes by writing articles for newsletters, web pages, and other publications. Acts as a liaison with appropriate institutional agents; prepares/makes oral presentations at professional meetings.* Uses program databases to collect program evaluation data; writes program reports and case studies to document outreach efforts; submits abstracts to professional meetings.* Ensures that plans and protocols are followed to ensure compliance with all federal, state laws and UTHSC-H policies, rules and regulations.* Maintain Community Action Board Meetings: Convene CAB meetings, identify location and time with community partners, check in with partners and invite to CAB meetings, message youth and parents to invite to CAB meetings, prepare agenda with input from all involved, delegate roles within the CAB* Communicate with community partners: set up follow up meetings about potential projects and be main point of contact, identify new potential collaborators through discussion with CAB and PI* Para Jovenes: recruit peer facilitators and compas, coordinate PARA Jóvenes training and planning meetings, communicate with peer facilitators and compass, co -facilitate PARA Jóvenes, obtain supplies and materials, update slides weekly for PARA Jóvenes, ensure debrief forms are completed weekly, ensure pre and post survey are completed by facilitators, share responsibilities with youth peer facilitators, manage incentives, communicate with peers* Participant recruitment: In charge of participant recruitment and retention, aware of ethics of participant recruitment and retention* Other duties as assigned.
* Knowledge of MS Office, SPSS, or statistics software applications.* Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.* Previous experience working in Social Behavioral Sciences is preferred but not required.
* Bachelor's degree or relevant experience in lieu of education.
* Three years of related experience.* May substitute required experience with equivalent years of education beyond the minimum education requirement.
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
Employees must permanently reside and work in the State of Texas.