Leidos administers the Hawaii Energy program under a contract with the Hawaii Public Utilities Commission.
We are looking for a Video Production Intern to join us this Summer in our Honolulu, HI office. The Video Production Intern will play an integral role in supporting Hawaii Energy's mission by encouraging participation in our programs and increasing community understanding of energy efficiency and conservation through high-quality educational videos. This is a hands-on opportunity to gain relevant work experience on a marketing team in Hawaii's fast-growing clean energy industry.
The Intern will primarily assist with producing, shooting, and editing short-form video content for use on Hawai'i Energy's website, social media pages, and in public presentations. The position will involve interfacing with Hawai'i Energy program participants, members of various trade industries (i.e. solar & HVAC contractors, electricians, plumbers, etc.), and internal staff. This position is ideal if you are passionate about videography and storytelling, and are considering pursuing journalism, filmmaking, or marketing as a career path.
The Intern will report to the Marketing and Communications (Marcom) Manager and may be able to work remotely in accordance with Hawaii Energy's guidelines. This position is only available in Hawai'i and is a full-time, 40 hours-per-week, internship over a period of 8 (minimum) to 12 (maximum) weeks during the Summer, with the potential to extend to a part-time internship during the school year.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Learn about Hawai'i Energy rebate offers and services to the competency level required of someone who would be sharing publicly about them.
- Accompany Hawai'i Energy Marcom team members during on/offsite video filming sessions and assist as needed with filming, equipment transport, setup, and breakdown.
- Assist with videography at Hawai'i Energy-hosted events, such as outreach events, seminars, press conferences, presentations, etc. for the purposes of archiving, livestreaming, and at times, social media content generation.
- Video Editing: Edit raw footage using Adobe Premiere to create engaging and polished videos that adhere to Hawai'i Energy standards. Package videos for external communication channels, such as social media, email newsletters, and the Hawai'i Energy website as directed.
- Help interview and record past program participants (individuals and businesses) about their experiences working with Hawai'i Energy.
- As directed, help to gather high-quality b-roll footage of energy conservation actions, energy efficient equipment, and/or community events (some evening and weekend hours may be required).
- Attend weekly Marketing & Communications team meetings, monthly Hawai'i Energy team All Hands meetings and other project-related discussions with teammates.
- Collaborate within Marketing & Communications team to understand project requirement and implement creative ideas.
- Perform clerical functions as assigned to assist department with various projects
- Behave in a professional manner around all Hawai'i Energy staff and external clientele.
- Serve as brand ambassador for Hawaii Energy, ensuring that all public-facing communications adhere to Hawaii Energy brand standards and Hawaii Energy is represented well in the public.
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements: Portfolio/past video work samples will be required
- Current enrollment (second-year or higher) as a university student studying Film/Video Production, Journalism, Communications, or related field
- Basic knowledge of how to operate video equipment, capture footage, and use an editing software.
- Strong, professional-level interest and desire to highlight stories in support of Hawai'i Energy's mission
- Excellent communication skills - ability to communicate clearly and professionally with Hawai'i Energy team and external clientele, particularly around scheduling details and logistics
- Ability to take direction, work under supervision, and complete tasks as assigned
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment where multi-tasking will be required
- Strong commitment to professionalism and upholding Hawai'i Energy core values (Commitment to Excellence, Collaboration, Ownership & Accountability, and Integrity)
- Support Hawai'i Energy's mission and passion for energy, sustainability, and community service work in Hawai'i
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook email software
- Prior video production experience as part of school classes, employment, or extra-curricular activity.
- Knowledge of Hawai'i Energy program and energy issues in Hawai'i
About Hawai'i Energy
For over a decade, Hawai'i Energy has empowered island families and businesses to make smart energy choices by educating them about the many, lasting benefits of clean energy. We encourage and reward practical everyday energy-savings decisions that save money, grow our economy, and reduce the demand for electricity. Our team members are committed to our mission and supporting Hawai'i's goal to achieve 100% clean energy by 2045. The Hawai'i Energy program is administered by Leidos, Inc. under a contract with the Hawai'i Public Utilities Commission. For more information, visit www.hawaiienergy.com
Leidos is a Fortune 500 science and technology solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $7.04 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2016. For more information, visit www.leidos.comOriginal Posting Date:
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.Pay Range:
Pay Range $33,150.00 - $59,925.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline onlyand not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.Original Posting Date:
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.