Location: Beaverton, OR - must live within 50 miles - will be fully remote
1+ yr Contract, possible CTH
Job Description: • Top 3 Required Skills:
Creating and updating training assets,
Lead or support instructor-led trainings,
Proficiency in MS365 and eLearning authoring tools
The Instructional Designer will collaborate with subject matter experts and other stakeholders to conduct needs assessments, identify appropriate learning/training approaches, and develop compelling learning activities and course content.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Create and update digital, visual, and audio interactive learning/training assets including end-user and process documentation.
• Lead or support instructor-led trainings with varying audience sizes and complexity.
• Evaluate feedback and performance data to continuously improve content effectiveness and delivery.
• Foster a collaborative, productive learning/training environment that captures the audience’s attention to help them meet learning objectives.
• Identify opportunities to expand on learning analytics.
Qualifications and Requirements:
3+ years of instructional design/development
or comparative and demonstrable experience
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in
MS365 and eLearning authoring tools
• Ability to management multiple projects concurrently
but not required:
MS Dynamics, specifically Project Operations
o Learning Management System (LMS) administration experience
o Basic knowledge of adult learning theories and instructional design methodologies
o Fundamental understanding of
HTML, HTML5, SCORM, and MV4
• Building Effective Relationships: Identifies opportunities to build strategic relationships with individuals in other areas of the business to achieve business goals.
• Managing Change: Facilitates the implementation and acceptance of organizational change. Addresses resistance to change and helps individuals adapt to change.
• Strategic Agility: Clearly understands and articulates the business strategy, continuously ensures team and individual goals are aligned to broader strategic objectives, particularly when there is a change in direction.
• Influencing Others: Uses appropriate interpersonal styles to persuade others to accept a position or initiative that results in action to positively impact business results. Assesses the current situation and adapts interpersonal style to suit the target audience.
• Cross-Organizational Collaboration: Expands the organization’s ability to operate effectively in multiple environments through strategic collaboration with other business units and business leaders.
• Diversity Champion: Designs training materials to be inclusive of different cultures and backgrounds.
Work is fast paced with extensive contact with clients and colleagues. The industry we serve demands the highest level of confidentiality and professionalism in safeguarding client and project information. Highly effective Training Experience Designers thrive on being in an environment that rewards the following critical success factors:
• Adaptability: Appropriately reacting to changing situations without a loss of effectiveness and enthusiasm for strategic initiatives and corporate goals.
• Analysis: Identifying problems and causes or analyzing how processes and procedures could be improved, collecting relevant information, and identifying workable solutions.
• Attention to Detail: Appropriately completing all the individual tasks accurately or according to workflow/process guidelines with an emphasis on reaching or exceeding quality standards.
• Creativity: Being inventive, imaginative, and innovative.
• Energy: Maintaining a fast, active pace in the normal course of a day.
• Flexibility: Going into situations without preconceived notions with a willingness to assess various options to determine a course of action.
• Integrity: Strict adherence to job-related standards, values, or norms.
• Learning Ability: Understanding and applying new information.
• Listening: Hearing and comprehending verbal messages and confirming back what you hear.
• Team Player: Functioning as an active member of a group while maintaining focus on your individual contributions and responsibilities.
• Verbal & Written Communication: Effective oral, written, and nonverbal expression without preparation.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment screening that may include drug testing, background/criminal check, and if applicable, must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
APR Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About APR Staffing
APR Staffing was born from the merger of two well-respected technical staffing firms in Portland. ieSolutions, founded in 2002, enjoyed an impressive reputation as one of the largest locally-owned and most respected technical staffing companies. Professional Resource Group, aka Data Resource Group, founded in 2009, also earned regional acclaim for being a fast-growing and highly-motivated professional staffing agency. Both companies have been recent award winners for the Portland Business Journal's Fastest-Growing Private Companies. The two firms, now as APR Staffing, make for one of the fastest-growing and most-respected professional and technical staffing companies in Oregon and Southwest Washington.
Collaborating with our customers, we augment their workforce with technical and administrative professionals. We provide only high-caliber, professional-grade resources throughout the Pacific Northwest.