RapidScale is the leading Managed Cloud Services Platform helping businesses simplify IT and unleash innovation. Our comprehensive set of private and public cloud solutions frees technology leaders from the grind of IT administration so they can develop solutions that drive business growth. RapidScale is searching for a Director of Content Marketing to join our team and manage the production of high-quality thought leadership whitepapers, eBooks, case studies, blogs, web content and infographics aimed at technology buyers.
The Director of Content Marketing will be a seasoned creative leader reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer, who will be responsible for creating content that breaks through the noise and engages prospective buyers. Managing a team of writers, this individual will own content strategy, persona profile development, and the content calendar and manage the production of exceptional stories across a variety of formats with the goal of driving engagement, leads and revenue for RapidScale. Superior writing and strong conceptual communication (big ideas) are a must. Strong proofreading skills required.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Work with the Chief Marketing Officer to develop the overall content strategy for RapidScale. This includes developing and maintaining buyer personas, developing content architectures for each buyer, owning the content calendar and managing the production of all marketing content on time and on budget.
- Own the story: Conceptualize and outline each content piece, including target buyer persona, story outline, supporting statistics and preferred media type.
- Manage writers in the development of 3-4 content pieces and write at least 1 thought leadership piece per week in the form of whitepapers, eBooks, blogs, case studies and infographics specifically designed to engage technology buyers.
- Develop and maintain in-depth buyer persona profiles including mission, job responsibilities, KPIs, biases, pain points.
- Build and maintain the content calendar and ensure delivery of content pieces on time for campaign execution.
- Ensure all thought leadership content and marketing communications pieces are proofread and edited to ensure there are no factual or grammatical errors.
- Own and curate our content inventory and post, refresh and retire content pieces as needed to improve marketing lead generation and revenue creation.
- Manage content platforms including website systems like Wordpress, Content Management Systems like HighSpot and interactive platforms like Ion Interactive.
- Work with Designers to ensure copy tone and style are consistent with visual tone and style.
- Manage copy creation including writing for new pitches, social posts, print, digital and creative comps.
- Present messaging strategies and recommendations to internal boundary partners.
- Research industry-related topics and identify gaps in our content.
- Use SEO practices to optimize articles and increase visibility.
- Shape language and tone used in sales emails, banners and brochures.
- Interview clients, industry experts and internal teams as the foundation for story creation.
- Must be a conceptual thinker and talented writer who is proficient in capturing and defining a brand's voice.
- High level of experience in brand identity, direct mail, digital campaigns, social media content, corporate communications, print and OOH.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and 10 years' experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master's degree and 8 years' experience; a Ph.D. and 5 years' experience in a related field; or 14 years' experience in a related field • 5+ years' experience in a management or leadership role.
- 3+ years leading content marketing teams of at least 3 people
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Strong technical copywriting skills and knowledge of editing procedures
- Solid presentation skills
- Good people skills and a sense of humor
- An ability to write creative copy both for large pieces of content (e.g. product descriptions) and smaller texts (e.g. social media posts)
- Strong time-management skills
- Basic keyword search knowledge
- Proficient in Workfront
- BS Degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications or a related field preferred
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That's a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you're interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.