The NBCU News Group Publicist will support the Senior Director of Digital Communications with media relations, internal comms, speaking opportunities, administrative and operational press responsibilities within the NBCU News Group Digital teams, platforms and programming.
• Consistently pitch NBCNews.com, TODAY.com, MSNBC.com, NBC News NOW, podcasts and NBC News Stay Tuned content to both external media/trade press as well as beat reporters.
• Keep team apprised of significant editorial series or special projects throughout the year and manage digital contribution to network-wide releases and promotion.
• Assist in social media updates on behalf of the department and the tracking of talent and reporter activities on social.
• Assist in press planning, pitching and monitoring around major digital project or product launches.
• Perform administrative support tasks, including managing and upkeep of press lists, coverage documents, booking and staffing of reporter interviews + work as a liaison between multiple departments, maintain editorial, conferences and awards calendars, bios and headshots and other assignments as required.
• Coordinate logistics of conference, media booking opportunities for reporters, editors and executives of the NBC News Digital team.
• Manage announcements, bios, media inquiries, talking points, photography and events.
• Assist with network-wide events and social media initiatives.
• Build and maintain relationships with trade media and social media influencers.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 4 years experience with communications for News
• Willingness to travel, work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Demonstrated skill and strong background in television, news, digital media and politics
• Demonstrated experience with media contacts (especially in the digital media space)
• Must be a strong writer with a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to juggle and meet numerous deadlines and identify press opportunities
• Exhibit strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and with a team
• Superior organization, creative skills, high attention to detail
• Ability to exercise a high level of discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Problem solver and negotiator
• Strong technical skills
• Strong understanding of the digital media landscape
• Experience using Cision, MuckRaci, WordPress, Slack
• Content/editorial pitching experience
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.