Meet leading authors, editors, and literary agents and get your writing project professionally critiqued in our online Literary Festival & Workshops, July 16 – August 1, 2012. In our innovative, interactive online event, you will:
- Hear from accomplished authors, literary agents, and editors
- Workshop your own creative project with writers and editors
- And make connections with other writers and book lovers across the globe in our summer reading group.
Come celebrate the publishing world with us and get inspired to finish the book project you’ve been working on.
Each conference pass includes participation in a writing workshop of your choice:
- Query letter writing with Kate McKean, literary agent at Howard Morhaim Literary Agency
- Visualize your creative writing project with Pinterest with Kate Rockland, author of 150 Pounds and Falling Is Like This
- How to research and write historical fiction with Erika Mailman, author of The Witch’s Trinity and Woman of Ill Fame
- Nailing the first pages of your novel with Erika Mailman, author of The Witch’s Trinity and Woman of Ill Fame
- Nail the hook for your young adult novel with Kristen Kemp, author of 16 YA books, including Redemption
- Romance writing: It’s all about chemistry with Sarah MacLean, author of Rules of Scoundrels series, A Rogue by Any Other Name (Avon)
- Short story writing with S. Kirk Walsh, who has worked at The New Yorker, Rolling Stone, Details, Entertainment Weekly, and Self
- Time, space, and magic: Writing believable fantasy and science fiction with Ted Mendelssohn, author of The Wrong Sword
- Words to die for: Mystery and crime writing with Hilary Davidson, author of The Damage Done and The Next One to Fall
- Character development in nonfiction with Kelly McMasters, author of Welcome to Shirley: A Memoir from an Atomic Town
- The far reach of truth: Nonfiction over the edge with Melissa Holbrook Pierson, author of 4 nonfiction books and essayist
- Mining for a memoir: What’s your story? Learn with Kelly McMasters, author of Welcome to Shirley: A Memoir from an Atomic Town
Each workshop is limited to 15 students, so sign up now to get the one of your choice.
- For Ban Bossy Campaign, Beyonce Says: 'I'm Not Bossy. I'm the Boss'
- Time Warner Inc. Names Karen Magee Executive Vice President, Chief Human Resources Officer
- Several Media Execs Land on List of Most Powerful Women in Business
- Check Out Our Webcast: Use Social Media to Find Your Next Job