Intro to Copyediting
Make any piece of writing better with these essential copyediting skills
Everyone needs copyediting skills. This course will teach how to improve yours or others’ writing by developing a keen eye for smart edits. You’ll get acquainted with the major style manuals, standard copyediting symbols, guidelines for writing headlines, and walk away with some pro tips you can apply to any piece of writing. Whether you’re considering a career in copyediting or not, this course will arm you with a valuable skill that will use daily in any job, all the time.
IN THIS COURSE YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO:
- Identify common grammar, punctuation, and spelling errors
- Generate smart queries when editing
- Utilize style manuals and resources and create a house style guide
- Write effective headlines
- View Syllabus
- Approximately 2 hours of lesson content
- About Our Courses: Mediabistro courses are self-guided and do not include instructor interaction.