Fundamentals of Public Relations
- Self-paced instruction
- 10 video lessons
- 1h 0m of lesson content
- Led by an industry expert
- Lifetime access
- All sales are final
Who Should Take This Course
Communication Specialists, PR Managers, Publicists, Students, Marketers
Skills You Will Learn
Write press releases, media alerts and other media materials
Proactive approaches to earn media coverage
Utilize social media for PR, and tips to optimize content and engage audiences
Anticipate and mitigate potential PR crises, and create strategy for reacting to a PR crisis
How to start out or make a transition to a PR career
Why Take This Course
Learn the core principles of public relations so you can kick start a career in the world of communication. From creating press releases to media alerts, best practices for using social media and how to navigate crisis situations for your brand, this course gives you the full overview of what a PR pro does.
What is PR and How Does it Work?
- Lesson 1: Overview of PR Today
- Lesson 2: Why Organizations Need PR
- Lesson 3: What do PR People Actually Do, Anyway?
- Lesson 4: 7 Steps to Building a PR Plan
Tools to Put PR Into Action
- Lesson 1: Proactive Approach to Earn Media Coverage
- Lesson 2: Write for PR: Press Releases, Media Alerts and More
- Lesson 3: How to Use Social Media for PR
- Lesson 4: Plan For and Prevent a PR Crisis
About the Instructor
Amy Condon is a public relations and corporate communications specialist with 18 years experience. She has worked in-house for international brands like Foot Locker, Inc., Johnson & Johnson, and Crunch Fitness, as well as on the agency side for public health and pharmaceutical clients. Amy holds a B.A. in Communication from the University of Delaware and an M.A. in Communication and Information Studies from Rutgers University. She currently serves as adjunct professor in the Communications Department at William Paterson University.