TVSpy LostRemote AgencySpy PRNewser FishbowlNY FishbowlDC SocialTimes AllFacebook 10,000 Words GalleyCat UnBeige MediaJobsDaily

Morning Show Ratings: Week of September 30

AMShowAnchorsIt was around this time last year that the “Today” show bottomed out. The NBC morning show was already looking in the rear-view mirror at its 16-year unbeaten streak. That was followed by the departure of Ann Curry from the anchor desk, then months of negative publicity which hastened a loss of viewers.

New anchors, an emboldened production team, and a shiny new set seem to be working, as “Today” saw the most growth among younger viewers last week among the three network morning shows.

For the second week in a row, “Today” saw the biggest growth among the morning shows. “Today” was up +20% in the A25-54 demo compared to same week last year and up +14% in total viewers. No.1 “Good Morning America” was up +15% in the demo and also up +14% in total viewers. “CBS This Morning,” which was up +3% in the demo, showed the biggest growth among total viewers, up +17%.

1.71 million more people tuned into one of the three mornings shows last week, than last year.

The averages for the week of September 30, 2013:

  • Total Viewers: ABC: 5.607M / NBC: 4.878M / CBS: 2.969M
  • A25-54 viewers: ABC: 2.153M / NBC: 2.044M / CBS: 1.039M
Mediabistro Course

Online Production for Writers and Editors

Online Production for Writers and EditorsStarting July 17, learn how to create multi-dimensional content for your digital mediums! Taught by a multiplatform journalist, Darragh Worland will teach you how to create content that is multi-dimensional and editorially relevant, use the web to its full potential, create stories that have social media campaigns built in and increase your value as as an employee. Register now!