- At CPAC today, Herring Broadcasting announced its plans to launch a new cable news channel called “One America News.” The channel will combine conservative commentators with “voice of God” style news shows. More information after the jump.
- The Weather Channel is airing a half-hour special about its decision to name winter storms. “A Storm named Winter” will be hosted by Maria LaRosa and Chris Warren, and will examine why the network decided to take the initiative when it airs next Tuesday.
- Former “NBC Nightly News” anchor Tom Brokaw is featured in Sunday’s edition of “Oprah’s Master Class” on OWN. He will talk to Oprah about his early life, his career and his defining moments. It airs on OWN Sunday at 10 PM.
One America News Network Prepares for Launch
New Cable Network to offer a Credible Source of National News
WASHINGTON, March 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — Herring Broadcasting Company, Inc, (HBC) announced today it is preparing for the launch of a new 24/7 high-definition news channel called One America News Network. Scheduled to launch on July 4th, 2013, the new network will fill a void by providing a credible source of national and international news around the clock along with a number of signature political talk shows.
According to Robert Herring, CEO of HBC, “Americans are starved for a credible source of news delivering substance based on facts. One America News Network will prove to be a trustworthy destination for national and international news. In addition, the network’s political talk shows will tackle a number of subjects that are being ignored by media today.”
One America News Network will also air political talk shows that offer substantive contrarian viewpoints to a plethora of left-leaning shouting-style political news programs. The network’s studio talk programs will debate the role of government, protection of civil liberties, fiscal responsibility, along with highlighting political corruption and government waste.
HBC is already established in the national cable programming industry. Back in 2004, HBC launched one of the first themed 24/7 national high-definition cable networks, WealthTV, which it continues to own and operate. While building a credible 24/7 news service is a major challenge, HBC has plenty of experience already: it has been producing national and international news since 2004, which currently airs three times a day on WealthTV.
In 2012, HBC began preparing for One America News Networks’ launch by upgrading its production facilities to accommodate an additional channel.
“We’ve completed a major multi-million dollar modernization of our uplink and master-control facilities, giving us the latest uplink technologies from Motorola to launch One America News Network in high definition. Test feeds are currently active,” stated company president, Charles Herring. “Our production teams have been busy shooting pilots for what we anticipate to be signature prime-time political talk shows.”
Additional build-out of production studios is underway in San Diego and Washington, D.C. for One America News Network. The new network has leased production studio and office space within The Washington Times headquarters, giving One America News Network immediate presence in the nation’s capital.
“We’re extremely pleased to have developed a working relationship with The Washington Times that provides access to staff and content,” Charles Herring said.
For more information on One America News Network please visit www.OneAmericaNews.com
- The Morning Ticker: Sorkin's Apology, Walters Proclamation, Comcast Opposition
- The Morning Ticker: Velshi Expanding, 'Today' Gets SiriusXM, CEOs Score
- The Sunday Ticker: Singing, Spying, Winning
- The Saturday Ticker: Business Politics, Morning Baseball, Jazzy Weather