- At Deadspin, Nate Silver explains why he sold FiveThirtyEight to ESPN, rather than just license it as he did with the NY Times. “We decided to go big…”
- Could there be yet another national cable news channel coming down the pike? TVSpy reports on Allbritton’s sale of local TV stations to Sinclair, and the possible emergence of a national version of NewsChannel 8.
- MSNBC’s Tamron Hall doesn’t need a stinking chauffeur. Like her NBC colleague Al Roker, Hall’s preferred method of transportation is bicycle. Her staff made an Instagram video of her leaving 30 Rock. Watch it below.
- The Morning Ticker: Sorkin's Apology, Walters Proclamation, Comcast Opposition
- The Morning Ticker: Velshi Expanding, 'Today' Gets SiriusXM, CEOs Score
- The Sunday Ticker: Singing, Spying, Winning
- The Saturday Ticker: Business Politics, Morning Baseball, Jazzy Weather