The results are in from our poll about newscasters sharing personal information on the air, and so far voters — more than half of you — think that the occasional personal topics are a perfectly acceptable way to fill a few minutes of air time. Here’s the current breakdown:
- 57.95%: Yes. Newscasters shouldn’t shy away from personal topics here and there.
- 42.05%: No. Newscasters should just deliver the news.
Have more to say on the subject? Visit us on Facebook and let us know.
- 'Judging by Local News, There's an Even Bigger Story That's Sweeping the Nation'
- Pew: Local TV Audiences Grew in 2013
- Time Warner Reverses Course, Keeps NECN
- Conan O'Brien Catches Local Anchors Using Identical Scripts (Again)