Did you know that there was a 355 percent growth in spam across social media sites in the first half of 2013?
What if I told you that over 100 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute, that the average lifespan of a piece of content on Pinterest is one week and that 50 percent of technology companies say that they have acquired customers through Twitter?
This infographic from Likeable presents 10 surprising social media statistics.*
* As one commenter noted below, statistic #3 should say million and not billion.
- U.S. Social Commerce - Statistics & Trends [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Who Follows the Most People on Twitter?
- Women Are Vastly Underrepresented in Silicon Valley Tech Jobs (Just 10% at Twitter)
- 75 Percent of Moms Say They Won't Use Social Media for Back-To-School Shopping