Did you know that there are more devices connected to the internet than there are people on the entire planet?
This global pipeline of data keeps the world connected, and nowhere is its presence is felt more strongly than in social media. Every minute of the day thousands of photos are shared on Instagram, tens of thousands of tweets are exchanged on Twitter, hours of YouTube videos are uploaded and hundreds of thousands of pieces of content are posted to Facebook.
And we’re only just scratching the surface.
For example, did you know that:
- One out of every seven minutes spent online is on Facebook
- 340 million tweets are sent each and every day
- Pinterest is the social network that skews most heavily towards female users, whilst Google+ is predominately used by men
- 300 million pictures are uploaded to Facebook every day via Instagram
- 61 percent of LinkedIn members use it as their primary professional networking site
These and other social media statistics, facts and figures can be found in the incredible infographic below.
- The ROI of Social Selling [INFOGRAPHIC]
- How 5 Brands Are Using Twitter in Latin America [INFOGRAPHIC]
- The Art of Smoasting: How to Boast on Social Media Like a Pro [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Social Media, Great Content and Email Marketing - The Anatomy of a Perfect Event [INFOGRAPHIC]