Creating a unique social footprint is as critical these days as maintaining your credit score or keeping your criminal record clean.
Here are 15 of my favorite creative Twitter handles.
Note: lots of businesses have creative, eye-catching names, and Twitter handles to match – but Twitter handles that use their business name didn’t make the list. This roundup is for pure Twitter-based username cleverness only.
1. @Mickipedia (Micki Krimmel, founder of NeighborGoods, LA Startup Club, and The Idyllic Nerd Commune)
2. @missusP (Christine Perkett, PerkettPR founder, Forbes writer and WorkingMom.com blogger)
3. @ketchupandbeer (Matt Dunlap, computers day job and bartender on nights and weekends). Why ketchup and beer? Matt says,
“I’m a big fan of Heinz ketchup and beer. Some people ask if I like ketchup and beer together, to which I reply, ‘No.’ It could have been any combination of things really, but I chose ketchup because I’m from Pittsburgh — where Heinz began and beer because I’m an alcoholic (just kidding).”
4. @BoobsRadley (Julieanne Smolinski, writer and comedian). The Huffington Post called her one of the 18 funniest women on Twitter, and not just because of her hilarious nickname-turned-Twitter-handle, which is a take on Arthur “Boo” Radley, the most mysterious character in To Kill a Mockingbird.
5. @sarahcuda (Sarah Lacy, CEO and Editor-in-Chief of PandoDaily.com)
6. @Dutch_Oven45 (Derek Holland, MLB pitcher for Texas Rangers)
7. @GrillCheese49 (Jason Grilli, Pittsburgh Pirate Pitcher and CEO of Perfect Pitch Marketing). According to Bleacher Report, Jason Grilli’s favorite snack is grilled cheese sandwiches. Plus, he’s a marketing/branding whiz.
8. @DeweyDecibel (Dewey Saunders, artist and Creative Director of Bold New Breed record label)
9. @feistyfeaster (Monica, Seattle food blogger)
10. @iamdiddy (P. Diddy, rapper, entrepreneur, fashion designer). Arrogant? Yes. Creative and memorable? Yes.
11. @JudahWorldChamp (Judah Friedlander, comedian). Judah is in no way an actual world champ (despite the fact that his Twitter bio states, “This is the official twitter of The World Champion.”). What he is, however, is hilarious.
12. @rebuildinglives (Yellow Brick House, emergency shelter, counselling and supportive services organization in Ontario)
13. @offalchris (Chris Cosentino, American chef noted for offal dishes)
14. @AskBartenders (Bartender’s Network, worldwide mixologist network)
15. @plattypants (Adam Platt, chief food critic at New York Magazine)
Any memorable Twitter handles you’ve noticed? Share ‘em!
(Image via Shutterstock)
- Twitter Bot is Helping to Shut Down Dirty Restaurants in Chicago
- This App Will Tell You If You're Talking to a Twitter Troll
- Twitter Paid Less Than $20 for Its First Logo
- 'Cloud Atlas' Author David Mitchell Is Tweeting A New Short Story Right Now