As you’re scrolling through tweets on your phone, do you ever wonder if hashtags like #ILoveYouBut are trending in other parts of the world or if you just live in weird little microcosm?
Thanks to Twitter’s latest iOS and Android app updates, you can confirm or deny this fear with a few screen taps. Though you may not be glad you did.
Updates to iOS & Android apps: See Trends from all over the world or choose to have Trends tailored to your interests.
— Twitter (@twitter) May 1, 2013
So if you’re interested in seeing the trending topics elsewhere in the world, just click the Discover tab, scroll to the top and you’ll see “Trends.”
Click the “Trend” area and you’ll be given the option to turn off your tailored trends or pick a new location:
Like Dublin. Where you’ll be sad to learn they aren’t all that different from the rest of us, sporting mindless trending topics too. And you’ll likely get sucked in to Dublin drama as you triple-check this fact:
But don’t despair – there are other updates to play with.
Beyond seeing “what’s happening near you or around the world by viewing Trends in hundreds of locations,” you’ll also find:
• The ability to invite friends to join Twitter from within the app
• Improved playback of Vine videos
• Replies to retweeted Tweets that include both the author and person who retweeted the Tweet
• And you’ll enjoy a smoother experience due to bug fixes and other improvements.
Bug fixes are always welcome, of course. Sounds like a win to me!
(Image from Twitter)
- Twitter Rolling Out New Twitter.com Look To Match Its Android And iOS Apps
- Twitter Updates Its Login Page In The Wake Of Its IPO Announcement
- Twitter Makes Embedded Tweets' Photos Larger And Richer
- Introducing The New Twitter Media Blog