The 27th Forbes annual Billionaires list was released earlier today and amongst the new entrants is Twitter co-founder (and current Square CEO) Jack Dorsey, who’s wealth is now estimated at $1.1 billion.
Dorsey, however, ranked just 1,268th on a list that also includes such tech luminaries as AOL’s Steve Case ($1.4 billion, 1031st), Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg ($13.3 billion, 66th), Google co-founder Larry Page ($23 billion, 20th) and, of course, Bill Gates.
The Microsoft founder placed second overall on the list with an estimated $67 billion.
Carlos Slim Helu, Honorary Chairman of América Móvil, topped the poll for the fourth year in succession with $73 billion. Warren Buffett and Larry Ellison also made the top 10.
1. Carlos Slim Helu (Telecoms) $73 billion
2. Bill Gates (Microsoft) $67 billion
3. Amancio Ortega (Zara) $57 billion
4. Warren Buffett (Berkshire Hathaway) $53.5 billion
5. Larry Ellison (Oracle) $43 billion
=6. Charles Koch (Various) $34 billion
=6. David Koch (Various) $34 billion
8. Li Ka-shing (Various) $31 billion
9. Lilianne Bettencourt and family (L’Oreal) $30 billion
10. Bernard Arnault (Louis Vuitton / Bulgari) $29 billion
- Why Now Is the Time for Your Brand to Start Posting Video on Twitter
- HootSuite Acquires Social Analytics Leader UberVU
- Lenders Are Mining Your Social Media Profiles To Help Determine Your Credit Score
- Analysts Downgrade Twitter Stock, While CEO Costolo Has No Idea How Many Users Opt Out Of Ads