Earlier today I noticed that the searches I had running over various Twitter profiles in HootSuite had stopped updating. Further investigation revealed that some of these had been frozen since Friday.
At first I assumed it was an issue with my computer, but after doing a little digging on Twitter I discovered it was far from an isolated incident.
Thankfully, it’s a very simple fix.
HootSuite has its own cache, and to resolve this issue all you need to do is refresh it.
To do this:
- In HootSuite, click on Settings and then Preferences
- Click on Clear cached messages
This should immediately get your searches going and bang up-to-date across all of your HootSuite profiles.
If you continue to have issues with isolated profiles, you can take a second step.
- Click on the arrow that opens the dropdown menu on the top right of the frozen search pane
- Select Preferences
- Click on Save Changes – there’s no need to amend your search keywords or make any other adjustments
One or both of these steps should get you back on the road. I did this several hours ago today and my searches have been fine ever since.
- How To Know Immediately The Next Time Twitter Is Down
- When Apps Go Bad: Another Reason Not To Allow Any Old App Access To Your Twitter
- Another Twitter Bug Suspected As Gruesome Picture Plagues Timelines
- Is Something Technically Wrong With Twitter Today?