The internet: it’s kind of a big deal.
It’s where stuff happens. Lots of stuff. Too much to count, in fact. Even when you break it right down – like, for example, looking at what happens online each and every minute of the day – the numbers are staggering.
For example, did you know that every 60 seconds on the internet:
- 204 million emails are sent
- $83,000 in sales are made on Amazon
- 20 million photos are viewed on Flickr
- 100,000 new tweets are published
- 277,000 people login to Facebook
- 2 million search queries are made on Google
- 30 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube
And we’re still just scratching the surface. By 2015, the number of devices connected to the internet is expected to reach twice that of the global population, and it will take you five years to watch all the video content that is shared across the internet in just a single second.
Wow. Better get started, then.
- The Social CEO [INFOGRAPHIC]
- The Story of #Twitter (2006-14) [INFOGRAPHIC]
- 10 Reasons Why Social Media is Good for Business [INFOGRAPHIC]
- The History of Hashtags in Social Media Marketing [INFOGRAPHIC]