Sharing content and data on platforms such as Twitter and Facebook has become entirely commonplace and second-nature to many of us – it’s something that is done every second of every day by millions and millions of people, and there’s no signs that this thirst for information, both in the giving and receiving, is drying up.
This infographic from Summify looks at social sharing today.
- The average Twitter user follows 235 people, and receives eight times more links on Twitter than they do on Facebook
- Friday at 4pm EST is touted as the most retweetable day and time of the week
- In 2011 Facebook users made 4 billion status updates, twice as many as were made just one year before. If this trend continues (Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg believes that sharing grows exponentially) that means that some 32 billion updates will be made in 2014
- 25% of all time spent online is now devoted to social media
- The Good and the Bad of Social Media Marketing [INFOGRAPHIC]
- The Social CEO [INFOGRAPHIC]
- The Story of #Twitter (2006-14) [INFOGRAPHIC]
- 10 Reasons Why Social Media is Good for Business [INFOGRAPHIC]