In less than a decade social media has revolutionised the world and empowered each of us with the ability to liaise with billions of like-minded users around the planet. Indeed, some 40 percent of the global population now engages in social networking, and that number is growing all the time.
Which, of course, adds up to an awful lot of activity. Over the course of a year, or even a month, the numbers are staggering. But even when you break all that data down to just one, single day, it will still blow your mind.
For example, every 24 hours:
- Over 350 million photos are uploaded to Facebook
- More than two billion search queries are performed on Twitter
- 172,800 new users signed up to LinkedIn
- 432,000 Vine videos are shared on Twitter
- One billion Likes are generated on Instagram
Perhaps most incredibly, 210 billion emails are sent and received over this same period – and 80 percent of them are spam. This infographic from Saxum takes a closer look at what happens on social media every single day.
- The 10 Biggest Social Networks Worldwide
- The Top 10 Most Popular #Football Teams on Twitter
- The 20 Most Popular Brands on #Twitter
- The 10 Most Popular People on #Twitter