If you’re out there looking for a job, one of the best ways to do this is through social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook.
Increasingly companies are using these networks to look for and even screen potential employees, and it’s never been more important to ensure your online presence is respectable.
This infographic takes a look at how employers are using social media to find talent.
- 89% of companies will use social media networks to recruit in 2011
- 45% of companies will use Twitter to find talent, compared with 80% using LinkedIn and a surprising 50% using Facebook
- Amusingly, over 2,000 people on LinkedIn have the same name as individuals on the FBI’s top 10 most wanted list
(Source: Career Enlightenment.)
- HootSuite Acquires Social Analytics Leader UberVU
- Lenders Are Mining Your Social Media Profiles To Help Determine Your Credit Score
- Analysts Downgrade Twitter Stock, While CEO Costolo Has No Idea How Many Users Opt Out Of Ads
- Twitter's Ad Revenue Share Expected To Double By 2015 (Still Dwarfed By Facebook) [REPORT]