Jobs involving social media have exploded in the last few years, with postings for social professionals on LinkedIn growing an incredible 1,357 percent since 2010.
Long gone are the days when a single marketing or PR person could manage a branded social networking account in their spare time – certainly to any degree of excellence. Now, the bigger firms need social media managers, marketers, consultants and other specialists* to make sure the work gets done right. Some 42 percent of social media vacancies are senior level, and New York, San Francisco and London are amongst the world’s most social cities.
This infographic courtesy of Offerpop takes a closer look at the rise of social media as a profession.
* There’s no such thing as an all-knowing social media “expert”. But some folks are better than others.
- Is Your Business Ready for Social Media? (Use This Decision Tree to Find Out!)
- Cross-Channel Commerce: Mobile, Social and the Internet of Things [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Blogs, Social Media, Video, SEO, Apps - 10 Years of Digital Storytelling [INFOGRAPHIC]
- North Korea, Iran, China, Pakistan, Turkey - Countries Who Block Social Media [INFOGRAPHIC]